Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Dual Touring Saddle on Wide Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:08 PM
ccreyeder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin Dual Touring Saddle on Wide Glide?

Any out there that has the Corbin Dual Touring Saddle or has seen it in person that can tell me how it looks or has pix?

Here is the link to what I am talking about:http://www.corbin.com/harley/dynawide/hdfxdwg10dt.shtml

I'd prefer to go with Corbin's solo with removable passenger pad, but the two piece combo is already more expensive than the one piece, plus I'd have to get a sissybar/backrest, turn signal relocation.... etc.. With the dual touring saddle, I could add Corbin's detachable backrest and be ready to go 2 up for significantly less.

My concerns are if it would look too bulky. Corbin's website has pix of it on a wide glide and it doesnt look too bad at all, but I would like to hear from someone who has seen it in person. Also, how safe is a detachable backrest design like that for a passenger? Although their are times when I wouldnt mind if it broke and the wife fell off, I would really feel bad if she did lol....

Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have one on my Fat Bob. Not sure what your thinking when you think too bulky. The passenger back rest is very solid. The seat has the mounting hardware built into it, so the backrest slides down into it & then you have an allen bolt that holds it in place - wont budge.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:29 PM
ccreyeder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tOSUSteve
I have one on my Fat Bob. Not sure what your thinking when you think too bulky. The passenger back rest is very solid. The seat has the mounting hardware built into it, so the backrest slides down into it & then you have an allen bolt that holds it in place - wont budge.
Thanks for the info! By "bulky" I was meaning did the passenger part of the seat at 12" wide look like it didnt fit on the fender as well as did the entire seat in general look out of place. Yours looks good in your pic. I know my wife would prefer the widest seat possible.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:36 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I really would like to get one of those seats, just have to convince myself to spend the dough on it. Right now I have the kuryakyn gran tour bag sitting on passenger seat and I lean against that, not too bad, not too good either.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:49 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ccreyeder
Thanks for the info! By "bulky" I was meaning did the passenger part of the seat at 12" wide look like it didnt fit on the fender as well as did the entire seat in general look out of place. Yours looks good in your pic. I know my wife would prefer the widest seat possible.
Gotcha, you can see some more pics in my album. This is one from behind

Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 AM
MYKSHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Dual Tour with backrest on my 2008 Fatbob. I also have the HD removable backrest for the rider. This seat is very firm. Got it on Craigslist for $400.00. Good luck. This Fatbob is for sale. Mike