Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new jri shocks on my fxdxt

Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 PM
jslum
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new jri shocks on my fxdxt

I needed new rear suspension on my fxdxt. The stock shocks were too long for me as I am not a tall guy. I had a set of progressive 12" 412's that I had from another bike and I put those on. The look was good cause they were all black but the ride sucked. For the last 6 months I did extensive research on shocks, works black trackers, progressive 970's, ohlins, ricors, etc. A couple weeks ago I spoke with Howard from motorcycle metal and a couple days later met up with him at the machine shop. After several long in depth conversations with him and a ton of research I had narrowed it down to works, ohlins, or the new jri shocks he showed me at the machine shop. Today I went down to his shop and after holding both the ohlins and the jri shocks in hand I went with the jri shocks in 13". With the sag on them they are just slightly taller than my progressive 412's were but the ride is an amazing difference. Spent a few hours with him at the shop learning about suspension. The ride on these shocks far surpasses even my stock fxdxt shocks. The quality of the jri shocks appears to far surpass ohlins works progressive and ricor. I only have about 50 miles on them but most of that was home on the turnpike through construction zones with lots of pavement interchangeable that normally tear my back up with teeth smashing bumps but I iintentionally looked for rough spots on the way home to test the shocks and they performed great. If you're looking for shocks I highly suggest jri and Howard at motorcycle metal. I will post pics later and review them further after a few hundred more miles.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:08 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jslum
I needed new rear suspension on my fxdxt. The stock shocks were too long for me as I am not a tall guy. I had a set of progressive 12" 412's that I had from another bike and I put those on. The look was good cause they were all black but the ride sucked. For the last 6 months I did extensive research on shocks, works black trackers, progressive 970's, ohlins, ricors, etc. A couple weeks ago I spoke with Howard from motorcycle metal and a couple days later met up with him at the machine shop. After several long in depth conversations with him and a ton of research I had narrowed it down to works, ohlins, or the new jri shocks he showed me at the machine shop. Today I went down to his shop and after holding both the ohlins and the jri shocks in hand I went with the jri shocks in 13". With the sag on them they are just slightly taller than my progressive 412's were but the ride is an amazing difference. Spent a few hours with him at the shop learning about suspension. The ride on these shocks far surpasses even my stock fxdxt shocks. The quality of the jri shocks appears to far surpass ohlins works progressive and ricor. I only have about 50 miles on them but most of that was home on the turnpike through construction zones with lots of pavement interchangeable that normally tear my back up with teeth smashing bumps but I iintentionally looked for rough spots on the way home to test the shocks and they performed great. If you're looking for shocks I highly suggest jri and Howard at motorcycle metal. I will post pics later and review them further after a few hundred more miles.
Post up some pics, and congrats on the new shocks.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah would love to see them, and if you don't mind me asking what they set you back. I went to their website but couldn't really see any that would work on a Harley. Thanks.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 PM
jslum
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jri doesn't have them listed on their site. I believe Howard is their guy for harleys and he's in the process of developing all the specs for harleys. As far as I know he is the only guy with access to them. The price was more than fair and comprable to ohlins, but like I said before much better quality.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:26 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

So I guess the price is top secret? Kinda hard for people to buy stuff when nobody knows the prices.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Call this guy...Howard 1-954-848-1525

Old 09-18-2012, 07:00 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got my jri's last week, you are lucky to be able to go see howard, I only wish!

Shocks are great, still breaking mine in, so I can really get them dialed in

Definitely call howard

Old 09-18-2012, 07:34 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Two guys have these and NO pics?? I dont believe you guys so PICS or it didnt happen!

Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 AM
y2kflhr
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Two guys have these and NO pics?? I dont believe you guys so PICS or it didnt happen!
I have a crappy cell phone picture of them on my workbench, I will try and get a shot on the bike tonight....

Old 09-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Northern B
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a few pics on the motorcycle metal site:

http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/gpage39.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new jri shocks on my fxdxt