Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob guys with relocated ignitions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 07:30 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default street bob guys with relocated ignitions...

how did you manage the extra wiring under the dash?

i just buttoned up my dash after moving the ignition switch and its sitting a little high.

i finished in the dark, so i'll go back tomorrow and take another look, i'm just trying to see if you guys had any tricks for keeping those wires tight and out of the way.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:42 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Wiring

You probably have a wire, or 2, under the speedo. I used electrical tape and heat shrink and still didn't have any problems.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by dyna rider
You probably have a wire, or 2, under the speedo. I used electrical tape and heat shrink and still didn't have any problems.
Makes sense.

It was dark when I buttoned everything up. I'll finish it up tomorrow when I can see wtf I'm doing.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:50 PM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you cut a hole in youre stock dash? Im thinking about doing this and am curious about how yours turned out. Seems like everyone ive seen do it just buys a wide glide dash.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:54 PM
snstiggy
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Take your time. I almost pinched a wire. It'll fit though.

Good Luck

Old 09-21-2012, 08:04 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by RLE
Did you cut a hole in youre stock dash? Im thinking about doing this and am curious about how yours turned out. Seems like everyone ive seen do it just buys a wide glide dash.
I seized the opportunity to add more gloss black to the bike and picked up a WG dash.

A few people have cut the SB dash...member JaronB comes to mind.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:46 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

it is a pita , tight fit what I did was extend the 3 wires long enough to go down the center of the dash loop the wires back to the ign , they will lay flat in the center . Hard to explain.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I tucked mine up along the left side next to the speedo. There is still some pressure and tight, but once I tightened the dash down it went flush. I thought I did a write up, but I can't find it. I'll get some pics up here in a few if I can't find it for RLE. I might look into the new street bob dash, but it's been 4 years with my relocate and it still works great.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 AM
RLE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaronB
I tucked mine up along the left side next to the speedo. There is still some pressure and tight, but once I tightened the dash down it went flush. I thought I did a write up, but I can't find it. I'll get some pics up here in a few if I can't find it for RLE. I might look into the new street bob dash, but it's been 4 years with my relocate and it still works great.
Would appreciate it man. Am sure I could figure it out, but experienced advice is always awesome.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RLE
The wide glide dash is $200 bucks, I'll wait...lol! Plus I did this before the new Wide Glide came out. It was a few bucks for my whole saw and some bolts and $25 for the switch from JPcycles. Here are some pics. If you go this route drill a pilot hole from the top. Measure several times to make sure its centered. The use the hole saw from the inside so you don't scratch the powder coat.

Toast I didn't have any pics of the wires under there, sorry!!

hole saw was 1 7/8

Last edited by JaronB; 09-22-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Quick Reply: street bob guys with relocated ignitions...