Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFM auto clutch - any experiences

Old 09-23-2012, 04:22 PM
markeejay
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default EFM auto clutch - any experiences

Really looking to transform my bob over the winter and one item is moving to a jockey shift - with either a foot clutch or utilising a EFM auto clutch. This will allow me to remove clutch lever of bars and remove the front brake and relocate it on to,the gear lever. Relocate all switchgear and run an internal throttle.

Speaking to my local indie he was very discouraging about the EFM as he has on fitted to a customer bike with dry clutch - I was looking to fit it to a standard harley enclosed clutch.

Can anyone enlighten me on their experiences with the EFM?

Old 09-24-2012, 05:21 PM
markeejay
Tourer

Anyone?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
jakeryder
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried it on a chopper I built, and wouldn't reccomend it. It worked ok, but not great and in the process of adjusting it by switching out to a different thickness steel drive plate I ran it around the block with no fluid in the primary and burnt the sucker. Barely made it back to the garage. Not to mention the other issues of no kickstarting(or push starting if your starter craps out) and not knowing for sure if you're in neutral or not(chopper with no dummy lights). had an interesting experience starting it in gear on fast idle. My advice is run a real foot clutch. It doesn't take long to get used to it

Old 09-25-2012, 12:45 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I've got nothing to add ... just had never heard of the EFM Auto Clutch until now ... googled it and came up with the web site ...

http://www.efmautoclutch.com/index.shtml

... as I understand, should work just like the AIM VPC (variable pressure clutch) ... except the EFM totally eliminates the need for a clutch actuator lever ... the VPC just reduces the pull significantly ...

Although, from what I understood, the EFM folks do not advocate eliminating the clutch pull lever altogether ...

Interesting project ... good luck ...

R/
'Chop

Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 PM
efmautoclutch
Stage I

We at EFM answer our phone everyday, if you have questions, please call us to get the right answer.

EFM makes them for all bikes, enclosed primarys, open, kick start, and offers powder coating for show bikes.

Received product of the year in 2006, been making them since 1998, life time warranty and MADE IN AMERICA!!!

Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM
markeejay
Tourer

Originally Posted by efmautoclutch
We at EFM answer our phone everyday, if you have questions, please call us to get the right answer.

EFM makes them for all bikes, enclosed primarys, open, kick start, and offers powder coating for show bikes.

Received product of the year in 2006, been making them since 1998, life time warranty and MADE IN AMERICA!!!
Welcome aboard, all we need it an agent in the UK

Old 10-09-2014, 11:42 PM
drcrazytrain
Road Master
Default EFM Autoclutch

It is not made for a dry clutch, they were designed and made for a wet system. People don't follow instructions and then complain about a product. When it is not the products problem just a dumb *** who does not follow instructions !

Old 04-07-2015, 07:55 PM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drcrazytrain
It is not made for a dry clutch, they were designed and made for a wet system. People don't follow instructions and then complain about a product. When it is not the products problem just a dumb *** who does not follow instructions !
They can be used on BDL belt drives as well as wet chain.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Auto clutches are retarded. Pretty much the most retarded thing in motorcycle history next to the drop down outrigger wheel things.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:05 PM
4myvrod
6th Gear

I am running an EFM Auto Clutch (thanks Garry) as well as a Quickshifter on a 02 Vrod. Bike is fast as hell and a blast to ride!! It is also for sale, if anyone is interested.