Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Arekluz
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start

Hi, I am new here. I have a "06" Stree Bob all stock except bars. Last week when riding as I was going in a tunnel the bike just stopped. I had it towed to my friends house. The next day he called and said it started just fine he turned it off called me up tried while I was on the phone and it would not start again. the following day same thing..Started turned off and would not start again. Has jucie, all lights working, fuel pump primming, turns over like always but just wont start. I checked all the fuses pulled out and put back in all the relays and nothing. I went to the local Harley dealer and the said the first thing the would do without even puting it on the computer is replace the battery since it was the original. I bought a new battery the mechanic there gave me a set of used plugs to replace mine with to see what happens. I put the new battery in but nothing. The spark is weak but there is spark. Turns over, can smell gas after a few turns but will not fire up. Very Very weired. Anyone out there ever experiance such a thing. Thank you.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 AM
ctvasquez81
4th Gear

you can use a voltmeter to check the battery don't just replace because the dealer told you to they call them stealers for a reason, if it sounds like its trying to start strong its probably a fuel system problem. Is it carb or efi? Is there gas? is it hooked up? sometime the fuel line can come off the petcock just enough so you don't see it very well.... that would cause you to smell the gas but doesn't mean its getting to the carb or efi, just means its leaking on your bike

Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you checked for any stored codes?

Old 09-24-2012, 08:43 AM
wtb3886
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greetings Arekluz
Press and hold the odometer push button an turn bike to on position, once the dials does a full sweep release push button, you will see diag, press odometer push button once and see if letters come up on the mileage area, is any of them flashing or blinking?

Old 09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

Look at the battery cable connection at ground. On your bike it's at the starter on the left side. You also might have a bad starter relay, they are cheap and have been known to go bad.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:08 AM
KUJOE
Cruiser

I do have gas....I do have spark, I do have lots of juice in the battery..The starter cranks as normal....I started the bike at least 4 times last night, And it was perfect and started just fine. And tonight I tried again and it did not start again Nothing...
Please help !!!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:17 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

AREKLUZ try disconecting the fuel line from the bottom of the tank, and re-connect it. If you feel some grainy stuff come out with the gas that could very well be it, or the quick connect needs to be replaced., also very important to change the fuel filter if it is as old as the bike.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Is it security/anti-theft related? Is the red key light on the dash? Not sure if they had security system on the 2006.