Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Running Bassani Road Rage II?

Old 09-24-2012, 08:43 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Anyone Running Bassani Road Rage II?

I usually hate these "What do I buy" threads, but I didn't feel like sifting through the 180 page "Thug Style Dyna" thread.

Is anyone running this pipe on an "outlaw style" Dyna? I'm so torn between this and a Thunderheader. I can essentially buy either pipe for the same price so money isn't an option. I've seen the Bassani on a few "bobbers" and "bar hoppers". Anyone running this pipe with a fairing and T-bars? How's the ground clearance?

Thunderheader- great power and awesome sound, but runs Hot Hot Hot, has a shitty finish and scrapes in corners.

Bassani- Full length heat shields included, better finish. There's something kind of goofy looking about it to me. From what I've read, it seems like sort of a crapshoot as to what pipe you ACTUALLY end up with. Some have different end caps, different lengths and different bends/curves around the brake pedal.

Let's see what you've got!

Last edited by emerican19; 09-24-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 PM
QC-RAIDERS-91
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if only thunderheader would hear us out and make a better finish. I,m dreaming about one but don,t know about the decibels that it makes since cops give you tickets if you are over 103 decibels here in qc

Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM
QC-RAIDERS-91
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to answer your question search for members Good_Apollo if I remember correctly he,s running that set up

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/members/143872-good_apollo.html

Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior

hmmm he doesn't seem to have photos except his sig

Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got it. If your Dyna is newer than 05, go for it. Older frame will require slight modifications of the heat shields to make it fit properly with mid controls.

I just posted about that in another thread. But overall, I like it, pretty damn loud with my engine build though. Here are pics:

Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by emerican19
Bassani- Full length heat shields included, better finish. There's something kind of goofy looking about it to me. From what I've read, it seems like sort of a crapshoot as to what pipe you ACTUALLY end up with. Some have different end caps, different lengths and different bends/curves around the brake pedal.

Let's see what you've got!
I don't think it is a crapshoot, the Bassani site lists all the pipes for your year if you go to it and punch in on the left side what bike you have. Pick the one you like and it even has the drag specialties part#.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 AM
johnjay
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Bassiani Road Rage, short version on my Street Bob. I raised the shock length to 12 1/2" so there is no grounding out in most cases. Only problem I had was with the mid mount brake lever, which we bent slightly for clearance. Good finish, fit and great sound.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by johnjay
I have the Bassiani Road Rage, short version on my Street Bob. I raised the shock length to 12 1/2" so there is no grounding out in most cases. Only problem I had was with the mid mount brake lever, which we bent slightly for clearance. Good finish, fit and great sound.
Yup, fits fantastic on 06+ bikes

Old 09-25-2012, 03:36 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior

Damn looks pretty good, you're not making the decision easy haha

Old 09-25-2012, 03:55 PM
motoxer42
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just instaled this pipe 2 weeks ago I love it my bike is lowered front and rear and I'm a very agressive rider

Attached Thumbnails Anyone Running Bassani Road Rage II?-img_1456.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Running Bassani Road Rage II?