Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Shack Baffle Mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:12 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Cycle Shack Baffle Mod

So being that I can't afford and expensive exhaust system right now, I opt'd for the cycle shack baffles in my Street Bob exhaust system. I did some reading from other members that have done this mode and all have said that they either installed the installation wrap from the stock baffle setup only to have it blown out the larger holes on the new baffles or they just didn't use the installation at all for the same reason. I wanted to have the installation thare because it is supposed to help deepen the sound and remove the metal on metal sound people say they have without the installation.

So to solve the issue with running the installation without loosing it to the holes over time this is the from stock to mod pics and what I did. All this was done for under $50, so I guess I could have thrown it under that sticky.

Here is a pic of the stock baffle next to the Cycle Shack Baffle. You can see the large CAT section on the stock exhaust (the heat producer).

Here is a pic of the stock outlet and the CS larger outlet.

Here is a pic of the CAT on the inside of the stock baffle.

Here, I ordered two 6"x6" pieces of stainless steel mesh to wrap around the holes on the CS baffles.

Here is the mesh wrapped around the CS baffle and secured with safety wire.

The exhaust looks like a stock system with the new baffles in, so I didn't see a need to post a pic.

Last edited by blueangel73; 09-25-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Loner88
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good idea. But, you may eventually find that some of the stock fiberglass mat is managing to blow up into the header pipe thru the half-moon. I was shocked when I pulled the CS baffles to check condition after 500 miles running some fiberglass I had wrapped with stainless wire, there were some small pieces sitting against the lip of the crossover in the header - reversion- apparently it's for real. I ended up using fiberglass rope, like for sealing woodstove doors:

http://www.davlyn.com/products/product.php?id=3

not these guys, per se, got mine at ACE. Little pricey, but that stuff ain't going anywhere.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:45 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Thanks for insite, I will have to pull mine around 500 and see what's going on and if anything has changed.