Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rising spirit to the last moments of the season end

Old 09-25-2012, 06:52 AM
ezmo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rising spirit to the last moments of the season end

Shoo shitty season 2012, only 1864 miles ridden. Been sick and it has been soo lousy weather, I cannot say we had summer at all in Finland. We have no more than 50F temperatures left, and maybe 1 month time before roads will be salted and iced...

I cheered up myself of getting Andrews EV27 cams as I read so good reviews from here. Hopefully I get now wheelspin on wet asfalt

Good end of the season to You guys, ride like you stole it, and be safe.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:24 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ezmo
Shoo shitty season 2012, only 1864 miles ridden. Been sick and it has been soo lousy weather, I cannot say we had summer at all in Finland. We have no more than 50F temperatures left, and maybe 1 month time before roads will be salted and iced...

I cheered up myself of getting Andrews EV27 cams as I read so good reviews from here. Hopefully I get now wheelspin on wet asfalt

Good end of the season to You guys, ride like you stole it, and be safe.
Bummer! We have had a great summer here in MI, but word is that we are in for a pretty harsh winter.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:03 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I was in the same boat, I only have like 1,000 or so miles on mine this past summer. Was not feeling so great this summer and the weather here was extemely hot. I think we had something like 30+ days over 90 degrees and here in MN humidity is tropical alot so its steamy and uncomfortable to ride in. I just keep telling myself I will make up for it next year! I am going to try and finish the season storg miles wise but with hunting season started so early my weekends get busy with that.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 AM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

End Of Season? Bah, Humbug! OK well I do live a little further south than some. I use my bike for commuting to supliment the milage on my cage. So at best = 1200 miles per month. Maybe about 600 miles per month in the winter. I just did my 5000 mile service just a couple of days ago. And I've only made three payments on my bike.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:42 AM
EZGlider12
Advanced

The rain has been the issue here in south GA. Right after I bought my SG too, just rained and rained and rained. It has been gorgeous lately though, luckily I still have plenty of riding left down here.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

I put about 4,000 on mine this summer...mostly in 100 degree+ heat. Glad cooler weather is here finally, as now is the bet time of year to ride usually weather-wise. Although it's raining right now & supposed to all week. Hoping winter is like it was last year (mild) since I ride year around.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

good i really hope you have a harsh winter! last winter sucked... the amount of busn that went out form lack of snow was unreal... i want to get up there every other weekend this winter and smash on the snowmobile trails! hahaha

i completely feel you on the riding season though... i put on a little over 6,000 on my sport touring and barely 1000 on my Harley... spent most of the 90 degree days wrenching on putting it back together! having a kid really takes up alot of my "riding" time... in more ways than one hahaha

Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry about your weather issues...I can't complain about the weather. Here in NorCal it's pretty sweet. You want warm, ride inland, you want cool, ride to the coast. Either way, it's a huge improvement over where I used to live...Michigan. While I love Michigan (born & raised there), winter here in Cali is pretty cush.

Joe, You'll get more "riding" in soon enough :-) Enjoy the little one.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Elemental13
Cruiser

ive had the new bike since mid july and i got about 2500 miles in this season and im still ridin until it snows the summer in ohio was hot and dry until the end of august so other than the heat i had a lot of time to just go and ride

Old 09-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JRK5892
good i really hope you have a harsh winter! last winter sucked... the amount of busn that went out form lack of snow was unreal... i want to get up there every other weekend this winter and smash on the snowmobile trails! hahaha

i completely feel you on the riding season though... i put on a little over 6,000 on my sport touring and barely 1000 on my Harley... spent most of the 90 degree days wrenching on putting it back together! having a kid really takes up alot of my "riding" time... in more ways than one hahaha
Hit me up if you head through mid-MI at all this winter.

I'll be sending some work your way this winter, gonna have my cap and fuel gauge done and have my heatshields and muffler/endcap done AGAIN (don't think they used high temp powder). Also need a new mounting tab welded on the collector heat sheild, old one broke off and it rattles like an SOB.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rising spirit to the last moments of the season end