Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FatBob Rear End

Old 10-17-2010, 07:56 PM
fat_brad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New FatBob Rear End

Ok, after much planning and changing my mind, I finally finished rear end mods to my FatBob. Although they are pretty simple, I am particularly happy since although I have made several mods to my bike, this is the first group that I did completely myself. First thanks to several members here including: YellerWideGlide, jrk5892, and others that I forgot. My main goals were to get as black as possible, and clean up the rear fender to expose more of that fat rear tire. Here is what I did:

- Rear Light: Not even sure what light that is, but it is an black cased clear light with red LEDs. I used VHT (thanks jrk) and applied two coats along with a clear coat to black out the light. Not lit, the light is completely black. When lit, the LEDs still come through very good especially when braking. The light is pretty directional though since the face is canted down. Personally I like it. If you look real close the light frame is the OEM light frame cut and sprayed with wrinkle black (long story, but bottom line I could not get the plastic smooth enough to not show imperfections after the cutting so I went with wrinkle black to hide the imperfections.)

- Rear Signals (and front): VHT applied to the OEM orange covers and orange lights. Originally I had the HD smoked lights on (which is where the orange bulbs came from), but the VHT lenses are way darker.

- Side plate: Pretty simple Road 6 Customs vertical side plate (not lit) mounted to the belt guard vice axle nut or shock nut.

When I first planned these mods I was going to go with the HD Tri-Bar light (which I admit is a better light) and a Kuryakyn vertical side plate that attached to the swing arm, but the plate was not available in black so would have had to be powder coated. That series of mods was going to be close to $500. I did all of my mods for about $75 which included the paint I used.

Let me know what you think.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:32 PM
TheReprobate
Cruiser

Looks great.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Looks great, though more pics would be welcome.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:30 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Great job!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:44 AM
fat_brad
Advanced

Thanks for the positive comments. I am just waiting to install my next round of mods (VH BR 2-2 and Heavy Breather) before I update a full set of picks. After that I think I am done. Maybe...

Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fat_brad
After that I think I am done. Maybe...

Yea! Right.................................:icon_tongue :

Old 01-02-2013, 04:41 AM
lokisbigbadbeard
2nd Gear

bike looks great while looking at your pics noticed the shocks blacked out how have you done this i was thinking of getting casings powder coated satin black but was unsure how easy they are dismantled
cheers

Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 AM
Wykd
Tourer

I was going to ask did you just paint those shocks/turn signals, did you scuff the chrome 1st or anything? Just curious I have found painting chrome unless blasted 1st usually separates from the chrome shortly after (within a yr or so depoending on amount of sun) and scratches really easy.

I like it though looks nice and monochromatic.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Scooter looks good man..Post more pics as you progress.