Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'13 Street Bob "License Plate Relocation Kit"

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great Bike Gear should come out with a signal/plate relocation like they have for the Wide Glide (it looks even better with short standoffs or no standoffs):

Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 AM
njohnson27
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wykd
The plate reloc for the 13's puts it on the rear fender I was told by the dealer.

Once he told me that I knew that would not be the route for me, and I didn't like the stock plate mount location either. So I just moved it myself.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...y-bux-190.html

about midway down the page (post 1897 & 1898) is how I moved my plate bracket, I need to take a better picture of how it looks in the end.
I just checked out your pictures on how you relocated your plate. I'm in the same boat, a 2013 street bob, and I couldn't find any pictures of the license plate relocation from HD and no one at the dealership had an answer for where it would relocate it to. I'm trying to install the detachable sissy bar, so I definitely need the license plate moved. I'm going to try out your method, it looks great.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Wykd
Tourer

Originally Posted by njohnson27
I just checked out your pictures on how you relocated your plate. I'm in the same boat, a 2013 street bob, and I couldn't find any pictures of the license plate relocation from HD and no one at the dealership had an answer for where it would relocate it to. I'm trying to install the detachable sissy bar, so I definitely need the license plate moved. I'm going to try out your method, it looks great.
Thanks, I should really take better pix of it. I was down at the dealer the other day and was parked up near entrance while in picking up some swag when my bud a sales guy there came up and asked me if that was the hd reloc kit on my bike, I laughed and told him I done that myself. He said hmm and motioned for these 2 guys to come over. Apparently they were buying dyna's that day and wanted their bikes to come mounted that way. They just all assumed since it was a 2013 that it was a HD part kit.

/shrug, made me feel good about the reloc that they thought it looked good enough to be a HD kit. Not to mention it was under $50.00 to do and other than the initial design time sink was a quick diy.

Oh I should also mention the stock screws holding the lower belt guard onto the swing arm... you will need to replace the 2 where you attach the mounting bar at with longer bolts. I just took one out and went to lowes and got a longer self tapping than what was in it stock.

Last edited by Wykd; 12-12-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I'll be going with powder coating the chrome rigid sideplates to black gloss then adding on the gloss black backrest and rack. According to the dealer, this won't require the license plate to be relocated. I'm curious why the quick detach sideplates do require moving the license plate however. It doesn't seem like there would be that much difference on how the sideplates are mounted.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Wykd
Tourer

Originally Posted by TowJam
Looks like I'll be going with powder coating the chrome rigid sideplates to black gloss then adding on the gloss black backrest and rack. According to the dealer, this won't require the license plate to be relocated. I'm curious why the quick detach sideplates do require moving the license plate however. It doesn't seem like there would be that much difference on how the sideplates are mounted.
Because if you look at the left turn signal the arm its shorter and the plate mount makes up the difference. So if you put on the quick disconnect the arm and plat mount would be out of alignment, and the rigid plates go between the fender and strut I guess.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Joe vander
4th Gear

I need to ask...why is it necessary to relocate the license plate?? Is it possible to install the detachable sissy bar and not relocate?

Old 12-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Wykd
Tourer

on 2013 the turn signal & license plate bracket are a a 2 piece item and a quick disconnect would need to have the mount attached where the plate is. It's one of those things you may have to see to understand.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Joe vander
4th Gear

Of course they would make it difficult. Thanks for the response, ill make it work somehow.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:11 PM
basswarrior
Stage I

My version for my 13 Street Bob
https://plus.google.com/photos/10207...76007340414753

Last edited by basswarrior; 04-15-2014 at 08:53 PM.