Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'13 Street Bob "License Plate Relocation Kit"

Old 12-11-2012, 01:36 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '13 Street Bob "License Plate Relocation Kit"

Pulled the trigger yesterday on a '13 FXDB using HD's bike builder tool. In addition to adding a 2-up seat, I want to add a back rest and rear rack. Unfortunately, HD in its wisdom doesn't offer rigid sideplates in black gloss - only chrome so I have to order the detachable sideplates. To do so however, requires the "License Plate Relocation Kit". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... :-(

My question: Has anyone else done this mod to their '13 Bob and if so, where does the license plate get relocated to? Is there a black gloss alternative to the detachable sideplates that I'm overlooking?

thanks!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:56 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 87 Posts

I have one of these currently installed on my 2012. Wanna buy it?

60978-10

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by b2inUT
I have one of these currently installed on my 2012. Wanna buy it?

60978-10

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Thanks but I don't need it. The '13 Street Bobs come with the license plate already mounted on the side. What I'm wondering is where it would be relocated if I went with the detachable sideplates. At this point, I'm seriously considering just going with the chrome rigids with chrome backrest and rack. Since I selected the chromed 103", it shouldn't look too out of place.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:27 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Subscribed. I'm watching this because I will eventually move the license plate. For some reason HD doesn't have a picture in the catalog.

I understand why they went with the side mount. The 2013 rear fender looks great. Problem is, you can't put bags on without relocating the license plate. Even the Moco single side bag interferes. I assume the plate moves back to the fender somehow.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

BTW. There is an aftermarket kit that moves the plate mount to the axle. This might be enough to clear the bag.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:23 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 87 Posts

I'm going to go with something from these guys. They make some pretty rad stuff.

http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index....duct_list&c=34

Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Wykd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The plate reloc for the 13's puts it on the rear fender I was told by the dealer.

Once he told me that I knew that would not be the route for me, and I didn't like the stock plate mount location either. So I just moved it myself.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...y-bux-190.html

about midway down the page (post 1897 & 1898) is how I moved my plate bracket, I need to take a better picture of how it looks in the end.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Stag556
Road Master

Originally Posted by TowJam
Pulled the trigger yesterday on a '13 FXDB using HD's bike builder tool. In addition to adding a 2-up seat, I want to add a back rest and rear rack. Unfortunately, HD in its wisdom doesn't offer rigid sideplates in black gloss - only chrome so I have to order the detachable sideplates. To do so however, requires the "License Plate Relocation Kit". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... :-(

My question: Has anyone else done this mod to their '13 Bob and if so, where does the license plate get relocated to? Is there a black gloss alternative to the detachable sideplates that I'm overlooking?

thanks!
Why not buy the chrome rigid side plates and have them powdercoated in gloss black?

Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Stag556
Why not buy the chrome rigid side plates and have them powdercoated in gloss black?
Great minds think alike. :-) I have a message into my dealer about this. There's a powerdcoating outfit literally next door to the dealership. If I *can* get the rigids powder coated gloss, I'm going to add:

• Gloss black backrest: Low Medallion PN-51851-09
• Backrest pad: Smooth PN-52652-04
• Custom Tapered Sport luggage rack: PN-50300031

I have to have a rack and backrest. Putting the license plate back on the fender is a deal breaker. Won't happen.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Chitowntrav
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 2 different relocation kits from my understanding since I am doing the same thing you are with the street bob. The dealership told me you can mount the License plate under the rear fender or above it. I'm going with the one under the fender.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '13 Street Bob "License Plate Relocation Kit"