Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of fairings and batwings on Dyna's

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

JP thanks for the kudos man but I gotta say your bags are an inspiration for me to get started on my new Cyclevisions hard bags and Streetglide rear fender install this winter as I now have all the components to complete the fabrication, paint, and installation.

And if your bike is being modded into a Fat King I suppose mine is being modded into a Fat Glide!
(I thought about Road Bob but as a straight guy that brought really uncomfortable visions into my mind that I can't seem to get out! )LOL!
Bob

Last edited by HYPR; 12-12-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:06 AM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HYPR
JP thanks for the kudos man but I gotta say your bags are an inspiration for me to get started on my new Cyclevisions hard bags and Streetglide rear fender install this winter as I now have all the components to complete the fabrication, paint, and installation.

And if your bike is being modded into a Fat King I suppose mine is being modded into a Fat Glide!
(I thought about Road Bob but as a straight guy that brought really uncomfortable visions into my mind that I can't seem to get out! )LOL!
Bob
Yours looks wicked cool man and I seriously doubt there are many if any other Fat Glide's out there. I picked Fat King taken as an inspiration from yours using the Road Glide fairing thus making it a Fat Glide. On mine I have Road King Police bags and the Reckless fairing is designed for a Road King so I thought Fat King was fitting

and Strobe I think yours is closest to keeping to the Fat Bob original look and it shows. Quality look man, nice work.

Keep em coming guys love seeing the effort put into making these bikes what you guys wanted them to be.

Last edited by xantasm; 12-13-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 AM
kydav
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the Memphis Shades batwing fairing, made for the FXD, on my bike. Really like it.
Rick

Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 AM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Strobe
I got a couple pics. Hope to see more fairings on the fatbob. Thinking about going back to the stock exhaust. Maybe add a sound system this winter.

Bike looks good! How well do those side deflectors and recurve windshield on the batwing work? Ive been considering getting them.
Also, what sissy bar is that?

Last edited by Rainmakr; 12-13-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Strobe
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Rainmakr the wind deflectors made a huge difference in cutting down the wind coming from under the fairing. I highly recommend them.

Pics show the 6.5" recurve. That made a big difference from the 5" high standard windshield to cut down on the buffeting to the top of my head. Still get a little bit, no where near as bad as the 5".

Sissy bar is the detachable 51161-10 from HD. I machined an adapter to move the pad up on the bar.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Rainmakr
Road Master

Originally Posted by Strobe
Rainmakr the wind deflectors made a huge difference in cutting down the wind coming from under the fairing. I highly recommend them.

Pics show the 6.5" recurve. That made a big difference from the 5" high standard windshield to cut down on the buffeting to the top of my head. Still get a little bit, no where near as bad as the 5".

Sissy bar is the detachable 51161-10 from HD. I machined an adapter to move the pad up on the bar.
Thanks Strobe! I just ordered the wind deflectors for the batwing.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts

Harley should just re-instate the early 70's Batwing "shell"
Just supl the Qk/Release brkts for all the different models.
Heritage, FLD, etc.
Ask 3 bills for it, maybe sell the brkts seperately?

They'd sell em all day long. (Color coded for newer models?
And little shorty smoked windscreens?)

Old 12-13-2012, 02:07 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I just sold my set up, i did a install video and removal how to for the customer... added it to my post on the first page if anyone wants to see how easy i set mine up to go together and come apart

Old 12-13-2012, 02:52 PM
cgtrigg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fairing isnt complete yet, have a no name for a softail, media player, 6x9 speakers, using the softail mounting, comes off in less than 5 minutes. getting paint this winter. pic of the fit up and two shots without the fairing mounted. took the narrow glide front off and went 41 mm front from a fat boy, tins and all, including light bar and spots

Attached Thumbnails Pics of fairings and batwings on Dyna's-2012-08-13-20.29.17.jpg   Pics of fairings and batwings on Dyna's-2012-08-25-16.06.04.jpg   Pics of fairings and batwings on Dyna's-2012-10-17-07.59.47.jpg  
Old 12-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by byersmtrco
Harley should just re-instate the early 70's Batwing "shell"
Just supl the Qk/Release brkts for all the different models.
Heritage, FLD, etc.
Ask 3 bills for it, maybe sell the brkts seperately?

They'd sell em all day long. (Color coded for newer models?
And little shorty smoked windscreens?)
If Harley follows their regular ways, they will start selling them again.
Ra-Cad sold Inner Fairing with radio/gages for a Batwing for 5 years before Harley came out with theirs.
J&M had the intercom system with CB, 4 years before Harley. It pluged into the Harley radio too.
When other companies start making money by selling accessories, Harley will copy them.

Quick Reply: Pics of fairings and batwings on Dyna's