Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Candy Orange 2013 Street Bob

Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Wykd
Yeah indeed and get rid of the earrings. The 1st change I made was to reloc the turn signals, they just dont flow up high imo.

I do love the color combo!
Yes indeed. Those turn signals are fugly.

Here's what's happening in the next couple weeks.

Front turn signals gone, replaced by the HD mirrors with integrated turn signals. (Black of course) Maybe mounted under, I'm not sure yet.
Why? You might ask.
They look black when parked. Most pictures and bike talk centers around a parked bike. How many times have you seen a bike running down the road and you say "did you see those ugly turn signals?"

The chroma AC cover is gone in a day or two. The S&S AC I'm using looks like this in black.
http://www.sscycle.com/product/Twin-...ck-p25464.html

I bought some black rear turn signals from a guy here at HDForums. They need a minor mod, but will work.

Found a cool black horn cover.

I gotta do something with the upper shock cover.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Yes indeed. Those turn signals are fugly.

Here's what's happening in the next couple weeks.

Front turn signals gone, replaced by the HD mirrors with integrated turn signals. (Black of course) Maybe mounted under, I'm not sure yet.
Why? You might ask.
They look black when parked. Most pictures and bike talk centers around a parked bike. How many times have you seen a bike running down the road and you say "did you see those ugly turn signals?"

The chroma AC cover is gone in a day or two. The S&S AC I'm using looks like this in black.
http://www.sscycle.com/product/Twin-...ck-p25464.html

I bought some black rear turn signals from a guy here at HDForums. They need a minor mod, but will work.

Found a cool black horn cover.

I gotta do something with the upper shock cover.
I plan on getting those turn signal mirrors as well when I get the cash or if I can find some black bullet turn signals that would work and mount them on the trees.

That LED headlamp must be nice as well heh.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Yeah. The headlamp is freaking bright. Construction barrels glow like I've never seen. I'm trying to get used to the HD headlamp shake again. I forgot how odd it is. The LED shake is exaggerated because the beam is so crisp. Regardless, very bright.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Danielc409
I plan on getting those turn signal mirrors as well when I get the cash or if I can find some black bullet turn signals that would work and mount them on the trees.

That LED headlamp must be nice as well heh.

You should post a "want to buy"?message on the Softail forum. The fat boy lo came with black signals and people are ditching them for aftermarket.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Front or rear? Is that what you are doing? What's the modification to make them work?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:43 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i was looking at those

Old 12-17-2012, 05:54 AM
Tepidy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done

Old 12-17-2012, 06:34 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Danielc409
Front or rear? Is that what you are doing? What's the modification to make them work?
The fatboy lo turn signals I bought are rear signals in black. They need to be modified because the side-mount license plate bracket (2013) is sandwiched between the left signal and the fender strut. Because of this, the stock left signal has a shorter stem than the right signal. The fatboy lo has two equal length stems on the signals.

The mod will be to cut the fatboy left signal stem and remove about 3/8" of material. OR. Move the license plat to a different location. (The HD plate relocation is not attractive IMHO.). I like what Wykd and Rob have done with the plate.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Wykd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
The fatboy lo turn signals I bought are rear signals in black. They need to be modified because the side-mount license plate bracket (2013) is sandwiched between the left signal and the fender strut. Because of this, the stock left signal has a shorter stem than the right signal. The fatboy lo has two equal length stems on the signals.

The mod will be to cut the fatboy left signal stem and remove about 3/8" of material. OR. Move the license plat to a different location. (The HD plate relocation is not attractive IMHO.). I like what Wykd and Rob have done with the plate.
Whoa... don't cut anything. You can get those shorter turn signal arms like i used in 1 or 2 inch versions on ebay in black. If you cut the arm it will not fit properly its a tapered unit and if you shorten on on end then that base will be to fat and if cut the other end it will be to skinny.

Move the plate its really ez, I done the hard work and that was finding some place to mount it without modifying the bike itself (no wires cut or holes drilled). Seriously the longest part of the mod after figuring out how to do it was pulling the wiring out and rerunning it and letting the paint dry on the mounting bar. If you think you will run bags then simply make the mounting bar longer and push the plate further toward the end of the swing arm to clear the bag. Thats the beauty of it you can place the place close to the engine or further back this way and run it vertical or horizontal.

Last edited by Wykd; 12-17-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Wykd
Whoa... don't cut anything. You can get those shorter turn signal arms like i used in 1 or 2 inch versions on ebay in black. If you cut the arm it will not fit properly its a tapered unit and if you shorten on on end then that base will be to fat and if cut the other end it will be to skinny.

Move the plate its really ez, I done the hard work and that was finding some place to mount it without modifying the bike itself (no wires cut or holes drilled). Seriously the longest part of the mod after figuring out how to do it was pulling the wiring out and rerunning it and letting the paint dry on the mounting bar. If you think you will run bags then simply make the mounting bar longer and push the plate further toward the end of the swing arm to clear the bag. Thats the beauty of it you can place the place close to the engine or further back this way and run it vertical or horizontal.
Much help!!! Much appreciated!!
Thanks a bunch.

For now I don't plan to run bags except maybe the Badgcustoms single that is made to fit with the stock setup. The short arms will help A LOT!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Candy Orange 2013 Street Bob