Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Street Bob Colors

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 10:02 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 Street Bob Colors

Ok, so I am getting ready to order a 2013 Street Bob under the HD1 Program. The big decision left for me is the color. Here is my short list and a few comments:

Vivid Black - great color for this bike, but I have had vivid black before and the swirls make me crazy.

Denim Black - another great color for this bike, but I am worried about the ability to touch up scratches -thoughts?

Big Blue Pearl - really like this color too. My current color is Flame Blue Pearl on my Road King. Can't say anything bad about this color, but to me it is not as classic as the first two black colors.

Ember Red - This color looks great with the black trim (I am keeping as much black as possible on the bike), but I am worried I could get tired of it after a few years. Still one of my favorites.

Two other colors I am considering: the orange color - I really like the forum member's bike who lives around Savannah; and Midnight Pearl - this could be the black that does not get swirls and I won't have to worry about touch up.

Obviously, this is my bike and my decison to live with, but I am curious about what the folks here think about the colors that can be had for a Street Bob.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Dyna346
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I vote vivid black, love that color on the street bobs

Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 AM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I vote ember red.... Looks great with the contrast of black parts. I agree that color choice is a hard one to figure out. Good luck with your decision

Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Wykd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone gets black /yawn

the blue is cool as long as its not the blue and black scheme, thats called the sperm paint scheme, look at the silver paint part and you will understand

ember red looks ok just doesn't pop though, get the hard candy flake red if you like red... it is smashing on a blacked out bike

the orange on an all black bike is sharp, surprised not more of that combo around

The big red flake deluxe is the best paint though, I thought the gold or green flake were until i saw this deluxe paint scheme in person!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I vote for something other than Candy Orange (so ill have the only one!)

Seriously though. Did you get a look at the midnight pearl, the real dark blue/purple? It's a great color. It kinda has the same statement as black but with a twist.

The Ember Red and Vivid Black were on my list too. I originally liked the Ember Red/ White combo until I saw it in person. It's more of a Heritage style combo in my opinion.

Here's a shot of the Candy Orange indoors. The thing I like about this color is that it's different in every type of light.

Attached Thumbnails 2013 Street Bob Colors-image.jpg  

Last edited by SLV; 12-30-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There was a Bob at my local dealer in midnight pearl for a couple days before someone bought it. It looked completely different in person from the HD1 website. I recommend checking out all the colors in person before you decide. My original choice was the big blue pearl until I saw the lucky green flake up close in sunlight.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:25 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Wykd
everyone gets black /yawn

the blue is cool as long as its not the blue and black scheme, thats called the sperm paint scheme, look at the silver paint part and you will understand

ember red looks ok just doesn't pop though, get the hard candy flake red if you like red... it is smashing on a blacked out bike

the orange on an all black bike is sharp, surprised not more of that combo around

The big red flake deluxe is the best paint though, I thought the gold or green flake were until i saw this deluxe paint scheme in person!
Is the big red flake deluxe the one with the painted logo on the tank or is it just the candy red flake with the same tank badge as the other colors? I know what you are saying about the blue with the black on the tank - the logo is bad.

Last edited by ga4boats; 12-30-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to see folks buying bikes of color now!

Old 12-30-2012, 11:30 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SquidHead
There was a Bob at my local dealer in midnight pearl for a couple days before someone bought it. It looked completely different in person from the HD1 website. I recommend checking out all the colors in person before you decide. My original choice was the big blue pearl until I saw the lucky green flake up close in sunlight.
I kind of like the green with the black trim. Every dealer I have been to has a green flake bike that is loaded to the hilt with all chrome. For me, I have to have black. Did you like the midnight pearl SB you saw at the dealer?

Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 AM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SLV
I vote for something other than Candy Orange (so ill have the only one!)

Seriously though. Did you get a look at the midnight pearl, the real dark blue/purple? It's a great color. It kinda has the same statement as black but with a twist.

The Ember Red and Vivid Black were on my list too. I originally liked the Ember Red/ White combo until I saw it in person. It's more of a Heritage style combo in my opinion.

Here's a shot of the Candy Orange indoors. The thing I like about this color is that it's different in every type of light.
Your bike looks great! It was the one I mentioned in my original post, as I saw you were from Pooler.

Quick Reply: 2013 Street Bob Colors