Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust, Rinehart Churchhill

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:51 PM
jjackhole
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New exhaust, Rinehart Churchhill

I got around to installing the Rinehart exhaust that I got from Eastern Performance. They had them on sale for $289 and the wife got them for me for Christmas. The price was too good to pass up for a full exhaust system and so far I'm pretty pleased. Typical to Rinehart these pipes are pretty loud. They have a nice low rumble at idle but once you open the throttle they are LOUD!!! They are also a little loud for my liking at crusing RPM's but I'll either get used to it or look into some baffles at a later date. Now I'm just waiting on the Power Commander from Fuel Moto to arrive so I can truly feel the benefits of the upgrade.

I also replaced the front isolator mount while I was at it and did most of my 20k service. I didn't get everything I needed parts wise to change the fork oil, after that the 20k service will be done. I've been getting a bad vibration in 6th gear (any RPM at any speed) and hoped replacing the front mount would make a difference. Went out for a test ride and some of the vibration is still there when I'm in 6th gear but it's not near as bad as it was. I didn't shim the mount when I put it in so I may go back and shim it to see if that eleviates the vibration entirely. If not does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? I've read what seems like 100 different things it might be and hate to start throwing parts at it. Both front and rear tires are new, spokes are torqued and rims seem to be true, pressure is good, fall away is good. I feel most of the vibration in the seat and footpegs and none in the bars. Attached a few pics of the new exhaust.

New exhaust, Rinehart Churchhill-img_1104.jpg

New exhaust, Rinehart Churchhill-img_1115.jpg

New exhaust, Rinehart Churchhill-img_1121.jpg

Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

looks great, congrats. Great Christmas Present!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They do look nice for the price, if they came in black, I'd probably jump on a set.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 AM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

orderd the same exhaust anyway you can post the sound and another side picture the one posted is blurry

Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 AM
jjackhole
Intermediate

Should be able to do that for you this afternoon. I wish the weather here would clear up more, I'd be able to give a better opinion on the exhaust. I've only been able to get about 100 miles in since install and I really like it so far. Power Commander should be here tomorrow, I can't wait.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:25 AM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish you luck with the weather,I"m in ohio so I won"t be getting the bike out for awile,how is the responce without a tunner,I"m only running xied"s and a stock K&N filter

Old 01-01-2013, 10:35 AM
jjackhole
Intermediate

Having a few problems uploading files for some reason, I'll try something else shortly. The bike seems OK without a tuner, a little bit of decel pop but after a ride the other day it was running noticably cooler than before. If I understand what I've read about xied's correctly they are just fooling your ECM into a set AFR and preventing any adjustment. You should OK running that way but it will still be on the lean side from what I understand. If I am incorrect someone please chime in and correct me. The xied's shouldn't result in any damage in the short term but I would look into getting some kind of tuner soon to get the most out of your mods. I'm on a budget so it was hard to cough up the $$$ for the tuner for me, but with the money saved on the exhaust system it was much easier. With the cost of the exhaust, AC (that I purchased last year) and the Power Commander I have less cash in the full stage 1 than most guys have in their exhaust alone.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:43 AM
jjackhole
Intermediate

New exhaust, Rinehart Churchhill-116.jpg

New exhaust, Rinehart Churchhill-115.jpg

New exhaust, Rinehart Churchhill-114.jpg

Here's some more pics. Trying to get the vidoe uploaded but no luck yet.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 AM
uscanuck
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by jjackhole

Here's some more pics. Trying to get the vidoe uploaded but no luck yet.
You likely have to post it on Youtube and put a link here.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
jjackhole
Intermediate

Quick Reply: New exhaust, Rinehart Churchhill