Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Pro Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HD Pro Tuner

I currently have a 'piggy back' type of fueler from a company call KiTech who sadly went bust last year. Its starting to play up and my Stealer has recommended a HD Pro Tuner as a suitable replacement. So everything KiTech related comes out and the Pro Tuner as I understand it is used to re-flash the 'map' in the ECU to suit your bike's 'stage' config and the type of pipes you are running. Apparently the 'maps' are provided by HD. Once done you get to keep the Pro Tuner and pass it on with your bike when you sell it.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who's got this, and also as to how do they find it works?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the SEPST installed on my bike and I love it, my dyno numbers are in my sig.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM
MrPappagiorgio
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every Dyno guy I know prefers the TTS over the SE Pro Tuner. It's cheaper too.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the SE Pro Super Tuner & love the results.

The dealer will use the tuner and their software to tune your bike with the setup you have. It really needs to be dyno tuned to dial it in perfect, which I very strongly recommend. Regardless of what others say, a dyno tune makes a HUGE difference. The plug & play or piggyback tuners are just half-***.

The SEPST can be used to tune as many bikes as you wish. The street version (SE street performance tuner) is married to the bike, so make sure you get the pro tuner, not the street version. Street version is crap & has a lot of limits due to EPA bullshit. Pro tuner allows the tuner to adjust the AFR & timing spot on.

Pro tuner is $459 + your dyno tuning which will vary, but my dyno tune was $350, so I've got a total of about $800 in my tune....best money I ever spent on the bike.

As the poster stated above, the TTS Mastertune is equally as good, but more user friendly. Guy that developed this used to work for HD & went out on his own. Either way, you're good...basically I would recommend either the SEPST or TTS Mastertune & avoid everything else if you want to do it right.

Last edited by Sharkman73; 01-03-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkman73
I have the SE Pro Super Tuner & love the results.

The dealer will use the tuner and their software to tune your bike with the setup you have. It really needs to be dyno tuned to dial it in perfect, which I very strongly recommend. Regardless of what others say, a dyno tune makes a HUGE difference. The plug & play or piggyback tuners are just half-***.

The SEPST can be used to tune as many bikes as you wish. The street version (SE street performance tuner) is married to the bike, so make sure you get the pro tuner, not the street version. Street version is crap & has a lot of limits due to EPA bullshit. Pro tuner allows the tuner to adjust the AFR & timing spot on.

Pro tuner is $459 + your dyno tuning which will vary, but my dyno tune was $350, so I've got a total of about $800 in my tune....best money I ever spent on the bike.

As the poster stated above, the TTS Mastertune is equally as good, but more user friendly. Guy that developed this used to work for HD & went out on his own. Either way, you're good...basically I would recommend either the SEPST or TTS Mastertune & avoid everything else if you want to do it right.
Have to say after having used a plug & play / piggyback tuner I have to say your 'half arsed' comment / observation rings true. Good input on the Pro Tuner vs the Street Performance Tuner and also on the dyno tune.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the sepst and had it dyno'd my numbers are also in my sig runs great and got some great numbers out of the engine.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 AM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gaffy, do yourself favor and spend some time looking around this section of the forum before you commit. For my money the Power Vision is the best tuner on the market, so make sure you at least consider it. When purchased from Fuel Moto you'll receive unparalleled support. Buy informed and good luck!

Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 AM
PowerstrokeNC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed

Old 01-05-2013, 12:43 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one available if anyone is interested....SE Pro Super Tuner (32109-08B)....with Software and Umbilical Cord for connection to computer...Just PM me.... I will make a good deal for you.

Quick Reply: HD Pro Tuner