Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Dyna FXDC///SGC Stage 1 Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
senfinger
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Dyna FXDC///SGC Stage 1 Tune?

Options I'm looking at: FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10, PCV, V&H Fuel Pak, HD Super Tuner Fuel Moto Micro Tuner... There was one more I was looking at can't remember were but basically had 3 dials that you dialed in until the light went green.

V/H Pro Pipe or Thunderheader
and-
SE Heavy Breather

Also, this will be it. nothing else in the future- Seriously... = )

Last edited by senfinger; 01-08-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:09 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

cheepest/best don't go together. I used XEID's for awhile and are a lot better then nothing. I have the propipe and love it.

I have since bought a TTS and had it dynotuned.

Another option if you are done with engine mods....see if you can find a good dynotuner in your area that uses dynovision. You can buy the license fee and use his tuner. You have the potential of having everything dialed in for under 500 bucks

Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Look into the Power Vision; no piggy back, no dyno, can change maps no matter what you do in the future.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:27 AM
senfinger
Intermediate

Thanks for your reply- guess I should have said looking for the best (CHEAPEST option) Can be Kia vs. Saturn not Mercedes vs. Lexus = )

Originally Posted by rooti
cheepest/best don't go together. I used XEID's for awhile and are a lot better then nothing. I have the propipe and love it.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:42 AM
103RATRIDE
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheapest is not always the best way to go especially on a motorcycle. Get what you pay for

Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM
senfinger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 103RATRIDE
Cheapest is not always the best way to go especially on a motorcycle. Get what you pay for
Understood and thanks- Moving along...

Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
senfinger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alansummrs
Look into the Power Vision; no piggy back, no dyno, can change maps no matter what you do in the future.
Looks good but is $450ish...

Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 AM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by senfinger
Looking at getting a full exhaust, high-flow AC and searching for a tune...

Options I'm looking at: FL-ViED-10 or FL-XiED-10, PCV, There was one more I was looking at can't remember were but basically had 3 dials that you dialed in until the light went green.

Stuck between 2 and 1s (Black)
V/H Pro Pipe
Thunderheader

Any Suggestions on AC? I keep seeing the Arlen Ness BS being used...

Appreciate the help- Also, don't want to mod any further in terms of staging (This would be it)... so what is the cheapest/best tune option to not run lean etc...

The only difference between the FL-VIED and FL-XIED is the VIED can be varied from 14.3-13.9:1, where the FL-XIED is at a set 14.0:1. It is completely up to you whether you want to have the variable to be able to play with the fuel ratio or not.

As far as the Hi-Flow A/C system goes, we offer a few different options and have recently come out with the new Transparent cover and currently are running a special on our AC Systems.

Here is a pic of the new cover and system that we have

HERE is a link to see the different options that we offer for your Dyna

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

All of the high flow intakes are going to give you more air than you need (except those Kury things that look like a blower scoop with little doors, they suck (in a bad way.)

Check out DK Customs for a great price and several style options.

I bought the S&S Stealth and like it a lot. Well built stuff.

Also, Figure Machine has a huge selections of intake covers and a good, well made intake.

Joker Machine has a very cool small diameter intake that work well and looks good.

There are endless options for intakes. Just start looking for the style you like, then make sure it is a high flow intake. Any of them that use a K&N filter will put a smile on your face in combination with a pipe and tuner.

By the way, I love my Pro Pipe. You'll get a lot of Thunderheader recommendations too. People seem to like them. Personally, I like the Pro Pipe better than the Thunderheader because I've always had good luck with V&H exhaust on several different bikes. The TH has a home-made look to it in my opinion (not judging, just my personal taste.) They do look great on the Thug Style Bikes.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom Products
The only difference between the FL-VIED and FL-XIED is the VIED can be varied from 14.3-13.9:1, where the FL-XIED is at a set 14.0:1. It is completely up to you whether you want to have the variable to be able to play with the fuel ratio or not.

As far as the Hi-Flow A/C system goes, we offer a few different options and have recently come out with the new Transparent cover and currently are running a special on our AC Systems.

Here is a pic of the new cover and system that we have

HERE is a link to see the different options that we offer for your Dyna
Oh yeah. I should have mentioned, DK Customs is very active in the forums and is always helpful with suggestions!!

Quick Reply: 2012 Dyna FXDC///SGC Stage 1 Tune?