Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions / Advice on Selling

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Opinions / Advice on Selling

So this spring I will be selling my Fat Bob. I am moving out of state in the summer, and I need a new truck so she has to go.

I will probably consign the bike at the dealership around tax return time when everyone is feeling rich, or I might do craigslist which I've had success with in the past, but CL can be a bigtime PITA.

My main question is.....Do you guys think I should put the stock rear fender setup back on?

In my opinion the Wide Glide fender looks bad ***, but I know that sometimes if people perceive the bike as being "over modified" it can cause problems.

What do you guys think? I am also open to suggestions on price. I know my local dealer uses NADA value to price the bike. Then they take 15%.

Here is a picture of the rear fender...thanks for your input.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-05-2013, 07:19 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Wide Glide fender looks right at home on your bike, I would probably leave it on there and see if it sells that way. If you sell it through a dealer you could ask them which fender would make it easier for them to sell. Bummer that you have to get rid of it.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 PM
oubronco
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a very nice looking bike I don't think you'll have any problem selling it on your own and keeping the 15%

Old 01-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sell it on your own, offer the stock fender and any other parts as part of the sale. I would put the front fender back on before selling, I think the majority of people would prefer the front fender on there IMHO. Sweet ride, btw

Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the compliments. I have since put the front fender back on the bike

Old 01-06-2013, 05:27 AM
pthauvet
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since your fender is an original Harley accessory, it's not a problem IMO, but you should consider putting you stock exhaust back on if you still have it. Buyers out here usually want 100% HD when they are shopping at dealers, since FatBob is still available new, your bike becomes favourably attractive when compared to newer pricier ones. Looks like you also have a lot of other HD accessories, remember that they usually do not improve your selling price, but will make your bike bike more attractive to buyers,

Your bike looks real good, too bad you have to sell it...good luck!

Old 01-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Vermontster
Intermediate

Yeah, your bike looks great.I would leave the rear fender on.
Try to sell it yourself on craigslist if you have the time.
Hit the "hide" option on the e-mail address and put your phone number in that will go to your message machine to help eliminate spam.Then you can call them back at your convenience.This also helps weed out the curious from the serious.
Then put your stock exhaust back on and offer it to the buyer at two different prices,one w/it and one w/out. If they don't want it, you can sell it separately.
To bad you have to get rid of it.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:37 AM
2003FXDX
Novice

I think you should try and sell it on your own. The dealer is going to lowball you so they can make money. It's a good looking bike leave it alone, I would think you wouldn't have a problem selling it.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 AM
rhoderider
Cruiser

There are advantages to selling at the dealer. They have a regular stream of "traffic" interested in bikes and some purchases are impulse buys. There are a certain number of buyers that will only buy from the dealer. They trust the dealer and are not confident to make a private party purchase. The dealer can help with finance. A good dealer will never lose a sale because "now is not a good time for someone to look at the bike" (obviously limited to their hours of operation). Probably most important, the dealer can interact with all the Yahoos who will never buy a bike, but waste huge amounts of time. Whether the above is worth 15% is up to you. Now if you decide to sell it yourself, which is what I would do, just remember the one thing most serious buyers are concerned with is VALUE. If it is priced correctly, it will sell. It is a nice bike. If I was looking to sell I would focus on what bikes are actually selling for in your area and I would price it very aggresively. Good Luck.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
gasdude69
Novice

From one Fat Bob owner to another - GORGEOUS BIKE!
What year? 2009?
Where are you located? If you still have it at tax time, I might be interested!

Quick Reply: Opinions / Advice on Selling