Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T Bars vs Risers

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 PM
arejay86
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Bars vs Risers

Hey yall. as tax time comes up, i'm planning on doin something with my bars. Looking to go up. I've always liked the look of TBars... Ik southeast customs, WCTB, and BungKing all make good Tbars. But recently when doing some looking and seeing what others have done, i'm kinda atarting to look at going with risers in 8-9" area with something like Southeast's speedster bar on top ( http://www.southeastcustomcycles.com...D=77&category= )

My question is, are there any pros/cons to either aside from the obvious adjustability of have bars mounted on risers vs welded tbars.
Also, If i were to go the route of the risers... I'd like to be able to run the wires internally. Seen some on JP but nothing online was mentioned about being internally ran wires.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:30 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

Imho. I had tbars that where 30" across and it looked wierd. Narrow bars look better.

Look at death squad 27"
Wctb 28"

Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 AM
NC-WG2011
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the southeast bars and risers your talking about and love them. I've tried some narrow and wide t bars but that southeast setup is so comfortable. I have no complaints about them.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the obvious adjustability of have bars mounted on risers vs welded tbars.
I think you've already answered your own question there but here's one more consideration.If you don't like the height or bend of the bars you can change them or just change the risers to change the height.Seems like that would be more cost effective as opposed to changing the whole T-bar set-up if you end up not liking it.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Vermontster
Intermediate

Sorry for the thread jack but does anyone know who makes the inverted V-bars? They look like T-bars but instead of a T they are an upside down wide spread V. (I'm looking for black)
Chad Peterson (user name)has them. I saw them in the pic of his bike on his post in Club style/Thug style Dyna Pic's thread (1st pg. 9th post).

Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Some_Punk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gartec81
Imho. I had tbars that where 30" across and it looked wierd. Narrow bars look better.

Look at death squad 27"
Wctb 28"

This. x2.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM
JonnyIndy
Novice

I recently switched from 8" risers and V-rod bars to 10" Wild ones T-bars. The one major difference I noticed was how much more positive the steering felt with the Tbars. No more wishy washy steering, much more confidence with the Tbars. Plus the Tbars are internally wired

Old 01-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Sikk50
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally prefer the look of risers with a top mounted gauge.

However, when you get to larger risers and taller bar you run the risk of twisting the risers. More so if you're an aggressive rider. I've had it happen. I found that the best way to get rid of it is to mount them rigid with no bushing.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyIndy
I recently switched from 8" risers and V-rod bars to 10" Wild ones T-bars. The one major difference I noticed was how much more positive the steering felt with the Tbars. No more wishy washy steering, much more confidence with the Tbars. Plus the Tbars are internally wired
My experience was exactly the opposite, but I went with pro taper bars which are much stiffer/stronger that any Harley specific bars. Changing to a harder riser bushing is a must due to the increased leverage on the bars. I ran 10" Tbars before I went to the pro taper set up and the adjustability alone was worth the cost.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:49 AM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 380 Posts

I have T bars but I like the looks of tall risers BUT the Tbar has internal wiring. So the Tbars are just fine with me. Never felt a diffrence in stiffness.

Quick Reply: T Bars vs Risers