Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 Super Glide Front Wheel Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 AM
blandster
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Super Glide Front Wheel Options

Hey All! I am hoping to swap out my wheels this spring before riding season starts again here in Iowa! Looking forward to the new look I'm gonna have, but getting really frustrated at the lack of options for front wheels for my bike. I have 1996 Super Glide with the 19" front wheel. Most of the after market whelle sites that I can seem to find have very little if anything to choose from. I have found some manufacturers that have a few but now many. For the rear I am going to go with a chrome solid/slotted style wheel from HD, but would like to get more custom on the front. Can anyone tell me what it is about my year of Super Glide that limits me so much in my searches? Does anyone have suggestions on place to look? Sites to browse? Any out there that are more reasonable than other? J And P Cycles does have one custom wheel that is nice, but would just like to have more of a slection to see.
Thanks!!!

Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
zimm
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

'96 has 3/4" non-sealed wheel bearings. You can go with 2000-2003 dyna/sportster front wheel that has 3/4" axle sealed bearings. Only issue is that you need new brake discs because the hub is bigger.

Why not just powdercoat what you have?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 AM
blandster
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info zimm! It will open up some options for me to look around. I actually have considered powder coating the wheels I have in a gloss black, but think I am wanting to go in a completely different direction with the look of the bike. Once I have the wheels swapped out, I may try to get my old wheels put out on Cragislist though...