Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail light and rear end thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
These are the best pictures I have currently of the setup. The light is held on with 3M automotive tape. I have being running the light for around two years now without a glitch. As you can tell from the pics (somewhat) it does stick up off the fender about a quarter inch. If you decide to go this way, the lights are called Tru-Flex and can be custom ordered in lenght and three light (amder, red,amber or red, red, red) or two light like I have. I used the tru-flex dual convertor on each side also (take your current three wire set up and converts it to the two wire setup on the lights and also balances the load of the lights so you don't need a load convertor). Mine is also the smoke lens version, you can also get clear or colored. Also, measure your length up to a bend, the flex does not like tight turn (the 90 degree twun from the back to the side of the fender).

Here is how I have mine wired, I also spent the extra moeny and built pin connectors for easy removal.
Now that is what I call cool! Very creative although not crazy about the side light with the license plate but hey what else can you do since you must have a tag.
That LED strip blends the lines exceptionally well with the lines of the fender.
The other layouts I like are the combinaton of the LED's with the side lights. I saw a Street Bob the other day with that set up and the tag mounted in a curved frame under the fender laying out with an LED and side lights. Looked Bad ***.
IMO, the type of tail light that mounts to the fender and sticks out looks like an after thought and detracts from the lines of the bike. It reminds me of the '70's Sportsters with the tail light and license plate just stuck on the fender with no forethought. Again just my opinion and like they say opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one...LOL!
Bob

Old 01-18-2013, 06:53 AM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default kuryakyn taillight relocation

I had the HD taillight relocation kit but didn't like the looks, so it went with the Kuryakyn #9165 LICENSE HOLDER and #4247 LICENSE PLATE MARKER LIGHT MOUNT. I really like the looks of the setup. It brings the signal lights in close and the license plate bracket cleans up the fender compared to the HD setup.

I still need to install detachable sideplates for my sissybar so I can remove it when I go solo and show off me new Three Mutts Customs fender bib. I am also considering smaller signal lights.
Tail light and rear end thread-dsc01029-2-.jpg

Tail light and rear end thread-dsc01030-3-.jpg

Old 01-19-2013, 11:25 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 479 Likes on 230 Posts

Awesome ideas in here, keep em coming!
I really like that led strip on the edge of the fender, BLUEANGEL, did you have to drill a hole in the fender to run the wires or what did you do?

HOGPRO, thats the same exact tail light I bought off ebay as well. I figured it wont be as bright as I would like, especially during the day so I want something more. Im thinking an added set of small LED lights in the plate frame that have run/signals or something...or the LED strip blueangel has.

DYNARYDER87, what laydown plate bracket is that?

I need something to get my plate down. I wanted the curved hogrida one but I dont think it will work since I'll probably end up adding a plate-frame with some LED signals or something in it for extra lights in the rear. Hmmm...the search continues.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 AM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Kuryakan laydown plate mount

Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Dropkick
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks blueangel. I really like the look of that. I def want to go that route but may keep the side signals as well. Still undecided tho.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 AM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just went with the HD liscence plate and turn signal relocation to make room for bags. put chrome bezzles and smoked lenses on my stock turn signals. Works for me.

Attached Thumbnails Tail light and rear end thread-mom-475.jpg   Tail light and rear end thread-mom-499.jpg   Tail light and rear end thread-mom-500.jpg  
Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 PM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 479 Likes on 230 Posts

I'm either going to add that LED strip blueangel had, or this plate frame....http://www.ebay.com/itm/02029-Signal...225e11&vxp=mtr

Old 01-21-2013, 10:05 PM
rev_cuervo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tail light and rear end thread-20121231_172009.jpg

Tail light and rear end thread-20130101_180302.jpg

I've been working on this setup for awhile now and hoping to finish it up soon. I haven't taken any more pictues as of yet. These are where I was in process the painting the number one on the fender.

Last edited by rev_cuervo; 01-21-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Off the shelf, Cyclevisions eliminator. it doesn't sit as flush as I'd like out of the box, but it is a good product.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 AM
n0code
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macnab

how bright is that cycle visions setup?

Quick Reply: Tail light and rear end thread