Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyna low rider vs dyna super glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:25 AM
eagle1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyna low rider vs dyna super glide

Hey all. I am getting closer to purchasing my first harley.So far the dyna low rider is by far my choice at this point. However, I was comparing the specs on thedyna superglide vs low rider and did not see much of a difference. Although the price difference is over 3k. Canyou please explainwhat the differences arewith the bikes. Anything would be appreciated.

thanks

Old 02-07-2007, 06:49 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: dyna low rider vs dyna super glide

Superglide:

Silver motor, and driveline
less chrome
speedomter is mounted in the handlebars
no tachometer
sits higher off the ground
28 degrees of rake in the frame, versus 31 degrees

But...for 200 bucks you can put Progressive 412 Heavy Duty shocks on the back and lower it LOWER than the Lowrider if you choose! Lowriders have 11.6 inch shocks in the rear. You can get the progressives in 11.6...or, 11 inch, like I have, but I only ride solo! Then lower the front end, or rake the front end with some raked triple trees!

It really comes down to the Black and chrome motor versus the silver.

Joe

The following users liked this post:
mpescatori (04-18-2016)
Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
bronk
Road Master

The money you save going with the SG will free up a lot of cash you could use on upgrades.Why let MOCO decide whats cool...start with a blank canvas is the way I look at it.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:02 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Low Rider is a great bike, but I chose the Superglide because I knew that I wanted something a lil different than everyone else's Dyna. So the Superglide was the perfect platform for me. I probably have as much or more $$$ into my Superglide as what a Lowrider would have cost me, but noone else has a Dyna exactly like mine.

John

Old 02-07-2007, 11:46 AM
carltex
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: traveler

Superglide:

less chrome
no tachometer

But...for 200 bucks you can put Progressive 412 Heavy Duty shocks on the back and lower it LOWER than the Lowrider if you choose! Lowriders have 11.6 inch shocks in the rear. You can get the progressives in 11.6...or, 11 inch, like I have, but I only ride solo! Then lower the front end, or rake the front end with some raked triple trees!

Joe
Agree with traveler here on this. Just one thing to add, you could also pick up a lowrider seat off ebay for pretty cheap to get it a little lower if you need. I was thinking street bob or superglide myself. Went with the superglide for price. Didn't really care for the silver powdercoat painted engine and trannybut after a while it looks like a good contrast color to the vivid black. It grows on ya.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Geronimo
Tourer

I went with the SuperGlide Custom. I liked the chrome and got a good deal. The height of the seat is perfect for me, but I think I may lower about an inch (not sure)

[IMG]local://upfiles/5110/37C712B7DC4F4C2CAE7624E3BFFF1D75.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2007, 03:57 PM
SpeedMK
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: traveler

Superglide:

less chrome
no tachometer

Joe

Joe,

I have a question; I'm in the same situation: A SG Custom or a Lowrider. I like the black motor of the lowrider, but I'm hearing that the ride is a lot stiffer than the SG Custom. Can you go the other direction with a Lowrider and put SG Custom length shocks on the rear to give more travel and a softer ride??

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
jca_54
Tourer

All 2006 and up Dyna's have a 29 deg. rake except the Wide Glide which has a 34 deg. rake. You should go into the HD website and select the "compare motorcycles" option. It gives you a side by side spec by spec comparison of up to three motorcycles at a time, including factory options.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17815/9D30D30EDFEC487692BCCD5763CF727F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Droop
Cruiser

Act soon on your purchase. If a long drawn out strike goes on, prices will not be as affordable later. I believe there is a shorter wheel base on the 07 Super Glide which can translate into a more agile bike.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:41 PM
mbracey
Advanced

I went through the same thing last March, Ended up buying the 06 Low Rider in Green dragonfly pearl and love it. I have put over 14000 miles since then, with the forward controls it really fits me great. Either bike will be fantastic and I hope that you love whichever you choose as much as I love mine...

Ride Safe

Quick Reply: dyna low rider vs dyna super glide