Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14" Burly Narrow Apes for 2013 Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 AM
HWill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14" Burly Narrow Apes for 2013 Street Bob?

Thinking about ordering some 14" Burly Narrow Apes for my 2013 Street Bob. I have searched all the threads here and the net for cable options but the responses is all over the place.

I want the cables to run like stock, I don't want to bend lines or re-route them to "make them fit".

Will I need to replace all of the cables? If not which ones will I need to replace and what is a good stock looking replacement?

So far I have seen to get +6 cables for 14" apes, but didnt say what cables were replaced.

I'd like to go ahead and order everything now, so I don't have a lot of down time.

What are some good stock like lines that wont break the bank?
Been looking at Magnum but they seem pricey.

Thanks

H

Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 AM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put 12's" on my 2011 Superglide. Plenty of people have done this, so you should get alot of response. Have you done a search?
Anyway, here's a bump for you.

Edit:
Brake line:50"-3AN, 90 degree 10mm, 35 degree 12mm banjo
35" throttle
35" Idle

My cables are Drag Specialties(Made in USA)
My brake line is from Hill Country Custom Cycles

I ordered all parts from HCC

I don't recall how much longer these are than stock, but I would be able to go up to 14" bars with the cables I am using. I do not remember what clutch cable I am using. It would be a snug fit if I went much taller on bars. All are braided lines and they all match. I don't have the receipt in front of me, but from what I remember, I had a very good experience with HCC. I think they are generally well liked around here. Good luck.

Last edited by greenstreetbob; 01-24-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

burly makes Cable kits for there bars just order the ones for your bike and bar combo and it has all the proper lines, cables, and wiring extensions in one package

Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
HWill
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
burly makes Cable kits for there bars just order the ones for your bike and bar combo and it has all the proper lines, cables, and wiring extensions in one package
I looked at Burly cable kits. They are cheap but I have read that the clutch cable is not so good.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:28 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ihave got 10k miles on my burly cable kit and not a problem with it so far, only adjusted it the one time when i installed it. just gotta lubricate the cable as required during servic e scheduales

Old 02-11-2013, 01:34 PM
HWill
Cruiser

No one has replaced cables for the 14" Narrow apes.

I have been searching with no clear answer.
I'm looking to get all Magnum Sheilding cables and even contacted them with no help.
The Burly kit is out as I have seen too many with bad clutch cables so they seem to be hit or miss.

Is my only option to install the bars and take meaurements then order the cables. I wanted to order everything and have it all ready to install.

Also is there enough wire or will I need an extension for the electrical? Is that something I can pick up from the dealership?
I can cut and splice pretty easy but rather have a plug and play kit if available.

Thanks

H

Old 02-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts

You can get the HD diamond cables to suit whatever height bars you are installing. From what I have researched they are decent cables and not so overpriced.

I am looking at the Diamond Black cables for the 16 inch ape I want to install, total cost for brake, throttle and clutch is around 300 bills for me, probably cheaper in the US.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:05 PM
HWill
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Krazy8s
You can get the HD diamond cables to suit whatever height bars you are installing. From what I have researched they are decent cables and not so overpriced.

I am looking at the Diamond Black cables for the 16 inch ape I want to install, total cost for brake, throttle and clutch is around 300 bills for me, probably cheaper in the US.
Yeah I was just looking at the Diamond Black HD cables and think I read they are made by Magnum Shielding also. I was trying to see if there was a difference between their Black Pearl and the Diamond Black HD cables.

I did find one person on here that has done the 14" with the Magnum cables so hopefully he will Pm me back with the lenghts he used.

I also plan on asking the dealer what cables I need and see if they have them in stock, that would make the install easier and quicker if I can get everything from them.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:48 AM
hammeredtrain
6th Gear

I am going with some 14" apes on my 13 SB and there is a member on here that left all stock cables and they put a great length of wiring on 12 and 13s. From what I understand he did not have to make them fit. Oh and are do u have the stock 10" mini apes or another type? That may change your cable situation.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:16 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i put 12in RSD apes on my street bob, thet cables were plenty long enough

Quick Reply: 14" Burly Narrow Apes for 2013 Street Bob?