Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conleys retro Tsport installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 06:53 AM
Screenz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conleys retro Tsport installed

I finally got my fairing in thanks to Ride or Die Chicago for staying on top of things. I couldnt wait installed it as soon as I got it. For the price and wait time I'm not really sure its worth the money. It does a good job blocking wind but the paint work is not good at all the fit and finish of the windshield to actual fairing is horrible. It rattles from plastic to fiberglass bad. I'll have to make some adjustments and see how they work out.

Attached Thumbnails Conleys retro Tsport installed-image-6-.jpg   Conleys retro Tsport installed-image-7-.jpg   Conleys retro Tsport installed-image-8-.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 08:04 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts

Did the fairing kit come with that headlight relocation bracket?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you aren't happy with it, call them about getting another or return it. I just don't understand spending hundreds of dollars on something you aren't happy with.

I would quote this in the email or call back:

"Since your orders are being custom made it can be a bit of a lengthy process. "quality work is not fast, and fast work is not quality" depending on the order and various other factors some orders can take up to 3 weeks before being shipped. Ride or Die Chicago offers multiple shipping options, including ground, and overnight.

With no customer feedback, they will continue to produce crap like this because if people aren't complaining, why bother fixing it. ( Not saying all their stuff is crap, I'm just basing it off what you explained about your item )

Last edited by Danielc409; 01-24-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Screenz
Cruiser

The headlight pracket is stock but turned horizontal I broke a piece of 1/4" stainless for the part that mounts to the lower tree............. Danielc409 I dont have time for all that. This is just my opinion I'd rather try and make it perform and look better on my own than send it back and hope for a good outcome. I put some rubber gasket material inbetween the shield and the fairing and that has taken care of the rattle so far

Old 01-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

gotta agree. waited nearly 6 months for mine. was a little upset about the windshield fit as well and there are a couple spots on the fairing that could have been better body work wise. but all in all, its not to bad. sends the wind over my head as the 1/4 fairing put it right in my face. not to mention $500 as opposed to a used HD T-sport fairing for an average price of $1500, seems fair enough to me.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Danielc409
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

See if I spent that much and waited that long, it should be damn near perfect. I would have returned it or at least let them know what issues you have with it. You shouldn't have to spend more time and money on it to get it the way it should be .. but that's just me. But if you're happy with it, then I guess that's all you can ask for.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Mike650
Road Captain

they do state that their made to order. so they might be waiting for a certain number of orders before making the batch. and maybe they cant replicate it to the "T". harley might have some sort of patent on theirs that threatens a lawsuit of anyone does. just talking out of my *** here though

Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 PM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$500 bucks and the paint sucks and it rattles and fitment between the fiberglass and plastic is bad??? How could anyone justify that is acceptable from a company?

Sounds like extremely sub-par work for that amount of money. And for not a difficult piece of plastic to manufacture

Old 01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Mike650
Road Captain

fiberglass.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM
FYMP7
Tourer

First off if you care to read the title of this post it is CONLEYS RETRO TSPORT INSTALLED, I DO NOT make these I am a dealer. If I made shitty fairings I doubt Tony would have thanked me for staying on top of it.

Second if you read the website that little piece you quoted is in regards to custom derby,timer,and stage one air cleaners. So before you go on a rant on a public forum get your facts straight.

Tony feel free to hit me up if you wanna get this back to Conley I will help you!

Chris
Ride or Die Inc.

Originally Posted by Danielc409
If you aren't happy with it, call them about getting another or return it. I just don't understand spending hundreds of dollars on something you aren't happy with.

I would quote this in the email or call back:

"Since your orders are being custom made it can be a bit of a lengthy process. "quality work is not fast, and fast work is not quality" depending on the order and various other factors some orders can take up to 3 weeks before being shipped. Ride or Die Chicago offers multiple shipping options, including ground, and overnight.

With no customer feedback, they will continue to produce crap like this because if people aren't complaining, why bother fixing it. ( Not saying all their stuff is crap, I'm just basing it off what you explained about your item )

Quick Reply: Conleys retro Tsport installed