Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide load mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 01:05 PM
lemmeouttathiscage
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wide load mirrors?

Hey Folks,

I am having issues seeing both mirrors. The right one is great but the left one just shows me a close up of my left arm. I've spent the past few days trying different positions and angles; both with my body and the mirror.

Maybe this is normal? Do yall have to change seating positions to see both mirrors? Or maybe my neck isn't centered with the ole noggin?

Thanks to you in advance for any help/ideas you might have.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:17 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't understand how this is possible. You should be able to put the left mirror in the same position and have the same great view as the right mirror (but in reverse). Maybe I don't know what a "wide load mirror" is?

Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried to move the arm of the mirror forward to give the mirror a wider angle?

Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Worst case, loosen the clamp for the switch controls and rotate it forward or back (probably forward.)

I had to do this when I moved my mirrors under the bars. I was looking at my armpit with the mirror pushed out all the way. Rotating the stem bought a little bit of adjustment, but not enough. I rotated the entire control assembly back about 10 degrees and brought everything into sync.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Seriously, Are you kidding? Grab the mirror and re-position it! They have all kinds of adjustment. Maybe you should take it to the dealer and have them adjust them for you.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Harley makes mirror extensions that would probably do the trick. They also make long stem mirrors.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
lemmeouttathiscage
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks SLV. Gonna try that now.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one mirror on my left underneath. I move my arm down when I want to see.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,097 Likes on 12,852 Posts

I bought these a couple of years ago when I almost changed lanes with a car just behind and to the right of me. Whew,that was close! I love them. http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Attached Thumbnails Wide load mirrors?-rineharts-011.jpg  
Old 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On mine I picked up some small round blindspot mirrors from Autozone and that solved a lot of rear view issues for me. Yeah they look kinda dorky but they are less than $10 each and once you get used to looking in the smaller mirror first it actually helps a lot.

While the MoCo is supposed to set the grips and mirrors equal distance that doesn't always happen so yes one side can be farther in or out than the other. This could partly explain why you are not getting it adjusted to the same view as your other arm. The other part can be several things like how your sitting to whether the bars are twisting in the tree mounts which is common with stock bars and rubber bushings. When I swapped out to new bars I discovered my throttle was almost an inch farther out than the clutch side was and tilted farther forward and that was on a new bike I bought from the dealer with 40 miles on it. It wasn't until I went to different risers and poly bushings that I got rid of the park twist meaning every time I parked the bike the bars would twist in the direction of the wheel.

With a tape measure and some torx bits for the bolts you can adjust your controls so they are even and level to where you want them. Just make sure to leave a bit of space between the throttle grip and bar so its nice and loose and doesn't hang up which is a very bad thing. If the bars are twisting making one side closer or farther than the other thats a bushing issue and is not really an actual problem its just annoying for obsessive people like me lol.

Quick Reply: Wide load mirrors?