Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help with code po563

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default I need some help with code po563

With the codes I usually do not have much problems figuring out the problem but this one makes no sense to me.

It is throwing the code po563 which is P0563 Battery Voltage High.
Here is the deal. \
bought the bike, battery would not charge, pushed it off to get it loaded on the trailer. I have a charger that will recondition the battery and charge it at the same time. Left it on over night. Battery over night, When we pushed it off I notice the engine light came on for a few seconds and went off.
Went and got a new battery, problem solved. Bike cranks good but after a few seconds the engine light comes on and goes out in a few seconds throwing the code.

Does anyone have a idea what P0563 Battery Voltage High is when we are talking about a few seconds at a time?
How can you have battery voltage high when the battery is dead, I mean dead.

I posted this in the electrical page but go not response

dd

Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
With the codes I usually do not have much problems figuring out the problem but this one makes no sense to me.

Here is the deal. \
bought the bike, battery would not charge, pushed it off to get it loaded on the trailer. I have a charger that will recondition the battery and charge it at the same time. Left it on over night. Battery over night, When we pushed it off I notice the engine light came on for a few seconds and went off.
Went and got a new battery, problem solved. Bike cranks good but after a few seconds the engine light comes on and goes out in a few seconds throwing the code.

Does anyone have a idea what P0563 Battery Voltage High is when we are talking about a few seconds at a time?

dd

What year is that bike? It sounds like the voltage regulator may be going bad.
Harley had a bad run of them in 2012. Not sure if that extended to the Dynas or not though...

Old 01-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Junkster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Harley had a bad run of them in 2012. Not sure if that extended to the Dynas or not though...
+1. That makes sense.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
there was a post on here not to long ago about the voltage regulators. the moco issued a recall for bikes manufactured within certain dates in 2012. if yours is 2012 take it to a dealership and have them check on it. if it does they should replace it free of charge.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:32 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

My 2012 SG got a replacement Reg... When it went out on my SG the voltage went up and down constantly. It was radical.
This is a 2005 Dyna super glide.
I did some research, best I could, and found several had this code and it was related to a bad ground. I am checking the stator and reg after I check the ground going to the battery. I am tearing down the engine this coming week for a major up grade but want to have this out of the way first.
dd

Old 01-26-2013, 12:37 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,171 Likes on 12,870 Posts

You can damage a voltage regulator by running the bike with a bad battery. You can also ruin a good battery with a faulty voltage regulator.Regulators are easy to r&r if that is the problem.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:58 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,171 Likes on 12,870 Posts

My 2012 SG got a replacement Reg... When it went out on my SG the voltage went up and down constantly. It was radical.
This is a 2005 Dyna super glide.
I did some research, best I could, and found several had this code and it was related to a bad ground. I am checking the stator and reg after I check the ground going to the battery. I am tearing down the engine this coming week for a major up grade but want to have this out of the way first.
dd
I would also check the multi pin regulator plug for corrosion since they are mounted in a location that the front tire throws water and dirt on when riding in the rain.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:17 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

Well this turned out simple and easy. The ground for the battery was bad. took 5 minutes to fix. No codes now.
Cranks easier to.
Yes the Regulator will get the battery, when mine went out on the Sg it got the battery to.
Mine went out before replacements where at the shops. The bad part is it went out on the first day of our honeymoon. They took care of it quick. Not one had chrome, only black. took in on a Thursday afternoon got it back at lunch on Friday.
I don't know what it is about the Dyna bikes but after getting my wife's WG I had to have one. That is why I got the super glide. I did get it for a project. I just finished a bike that took over 2 years to do so I got bored.

thanks for all the suggestions.
new to me super glide

dd

Last edited by dirtdobber; 01-26-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nice bike! love that color. glad you got it figured out.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Tynker
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is the deal. \

dd
I would be willing to bet that your stator is bad ,and grounded.

Quick Reply: I need some help with code po563