Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 AM
nmatheaus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust???

Looking for aftermarket exhaust to put on a 2009 fatbob any suggestiins. i was looking at the vance and hines short shots but kept seeing that they dont put out any performance? Is this try. i also wanting a deep sound from the exhaust. Thats for the help

Old 01-26-2013, 08:16 AM
arkstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

With shorts you will lose lowend. The best for power is 2:1 exhaust and have a good deep sound. I have had shorts and now Supertrapp Supermeg 2:1. The Supermeg sound ten times better and the power is night and day between the 2.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:18 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Short Shots are pretty much for looks and loudness. I suggest you find a set you like the looks of, go to a bike night in your area and listen to them to see if you like the sound as well before you plunk down $500 or more.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2-1's for best performance and deepest sound. I have the pro pipe and love it

Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 AM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Vance and Hines Big Shot's 2 into 2, best "All Around". Good looks. Good Performance and good sound.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
nmatheaus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a two n two and the big radius was my first choice. did u have to get baffles or did it sound better without

Old 01-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

cycle shack. they perform better than V&H. sound better too.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by nmatheaus
Looking for a two n two and the big radius was my first choice. did u have to get baffles or did it sound better without
They come with baffles. I just installed a set last night. They sound great, the power is good but they are Fing loud...Not sure how long mine will stay on. I suggest you call Jamie at Fuelmoto. He can give you the best advice on this.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure if you're looking for a full exhaust or just slip ons, but here is my experience with 3 different slip ons for my Dyna WG.

Cycle Shack 2 1/2 Slip Ons - These are much lighter than stock and have a good tone. Not too deep in sound, but not shrill either. I ended up replacing these because they developed a blemish in the chrome that I could not remove.

Rush 3" Slip Ons - These were very easy to install as they fit using the stock mounting brackets. They have a deep rumble and are loud to my ears. I had the 2" baffles and found that the tone caused an unwanted reverberation when riding. I removed these because they were too loud. My ears started ringing even though I wear ear plugs and a helmet.

Screaming Eagle Slip Ons (EPA Complaint) - These look the best in my opinion and were very easy to install since they use the stock mounting brackets. They are definitely louder than stock and have a nice deep, but mellow rumble. They are exactly what I was looking for. My seat of the pants dyno also believes that these perform the best for normal street riding where you're using all the low end torque.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:33 PM
FXDWG12
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nmatheaus
I prefer the Big Shots without baffles. My neighbors might offer a different opinnion tho. They are not really that bad during the day. But it sure seems quite around my place at 0500.

Quick Reply: exhaust???