Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power cammander or fuelpak

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 AM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power cammander or fuelpak

I"ve read different threads on people who changed from one to the other,what I would like is opinions on the smoothest overall operation. not the fastest or most powerful just smooth running without problems and how long you have been using the one you prefer

Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default I've Heard

I've heard of guys changing from the Fuelpak to the PC, can't really say I've ever heard of the opposite. That being said my only experience is with the Fuelpak. It was a quick install, easy program and it solved my "problem" of excessive decel popping when I changed out to slip on mufflers. That was a trouble free 3 years ago! ANYTHING more than a muffler and air cleaner change I would probably opt out for a more advanced, programable tuner.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:27 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Neither. Do the engine mods you want to do and have it dyno tuned. You can buy a license fee and have it dialed in on the dyno and it will be reflashed forever without a tuner. Under 500 bucks and your done

Old 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM
AmmO224
Advanced

Sorry for sounding ignorant but, what is a license fee? Is it something you pay the dealer so they can flash your bike with out the additional unit?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM
arkstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a fuelpack for just over a year. Worked good but still had som decell poping. Then I added cams and called V&H for a map. Talked to them 3 times and every map they gave me would not work right. Called Fuelmoto and got a PC from them with their custom map and bike runs great. Call FuelMoto and talk to them.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain

like to here more about dyno fee also and why more people don"t go this route instead of buying a tunner.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
CADguy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe regardless which tuner you get, you will still need a tuner. Unless your just doing a basic SE Stage 1.

I am running a fuelpak, but I don't plan on doing any engine mods to my bike. Simple 2-1 pipe, a/c and fuel pak. Was simple to install. Haven't had any time on it yet due to the temp being 3 degrees outside. lol

Old 01-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 on PCV from Fuel Moto. Been running one with custom map for about a year. Bike runs great.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Junkster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greatscott
+1 on PCV from Fuel Moto. Been running one with custom map for about a year. Bike runs great.
I too run the PCV+AT. Works great. I am going to add cams this winter so I will see just how well the auto tune tunes.

Fuelmoto (Jamie) is good to work with. They have great customer service.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:47 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe both dynovision and TTS have a deal where you can pay a license fee and use somebody elses tuner. For example, if you take it in and have it dyno-tuned and the dyno tuner is a authorized dealer, he could use his tuner on your bike for a 1 time tune.
This wouldn't be a great deal if you were doing other engine mods down the line, but if you were done, and found a competent tuner (usually not the HD dealer) you could have a custom map developed for your individual bike...much better then a "pretty close" generic map.

Before this was available, I bought a TTS 2 bike tuner for 500 bucks and split the cost with my brother (he wanted to get his bike tuned as well) it married itself to both our bikes, we had a excellent dyno tuner in town so we paid 550 each to have our bikes dialed into perfection. (300 for the dyna tune plus 250 each for the tuner)

I'm so happy with the way the bike runs that for me, I don't need cams and big bore kits. It's perfect the way it is.

A quality tuner reflashes the ECM so you don't have an addtional part on your bike. Those piggyback tuners are known to fail if they get wet or sometimes they just plain crap out.

Last edited by rooti; 01-31-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: power cammander or fuelpak