Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New dyna upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:44 PM
Jwsaul
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New dyna upgrades

I recently got into a motorcycle accident a car hit me and took off long story short. I am in the process of searching for a dyna wide glide 2010 and up so I can get the 103 ci motor i ride with a club and I'd like To get some ideas on what to start off with ill be getting a decent check for upgrades on the bike I want to get pipes intake hot shot kit and any other little things for now before I get the motor torn apart to get this bike stupid fast if anyone can help out with ideas I'd very much appreciate it

Pipes? I am looking for the loudest pipes that will give me the most performace but the kicker is we ride hard so I need pipes that have the most clearance.

Computer chip upgrades

Intake
And other please help I am trying to get this done fast before I recover so I have a sick scoot

Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM
weybar77
Advanced

DEF go Vance and Hines or Supertrapp... Other dyna upgrades that just came out are the new forward controls WITH the highway foot boards...So mad i just bought the forward controls and saw they just came out with the floor rests but you have to buy the floor board forward controls in order to get the floor boards..SAME PRICE! With you exhaust make sure you get your heavy breather intake and fuel pak...good luck!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out the new D&D Bobcat 2 into 1 for a Dyna..

Old 01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

You wont drag Bassani Road Rage 1D5250 pipes! Put the performance baffle in and it will be loud enough.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want the 103 engine you will either need to upgrade a 2010-11 WG or find a 2012+ WG as the earlier bikes...like mine, have the 96 engine.

If you're looking for a performance exhaust, you'll want a 2-1. And you'll want to do that quick as the stock exhaust on a WG scrapes bad on right hand turns. They'll hit long before the pegs in some instances. Also, keep in mind that with the lowered stance of the WG, it doesn't have much lean angle compared to other bikes that sit a little higher.

The PowerVision is a nice tuner if you know how to dial in your bike. I highly recommend it and if you're not wanting to dyno tune get the Autotune Pro and have your local exhaust shot weld in a couple more O2 bungs into you pipes. I did and the tuning you can do with that setup is bad ***.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:31 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

How much you want to spend I may have what you want. My wife is wanting a spyder.
SS106, V&H big radius.
See signature
dd

Just a thought.
dd

Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

103 started on the 2012's. the pre 2012's are selling cheaper now as they have the 96. Depending on your end goal, a 96 with upgrades may be less expensive and provide the same results or better.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 PM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you "ride hard" you wouldn't be looking for a wide glide. If you want it "stupid fast" you're going to have to spend about $20k and make 200+ rwhp.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Jwsaul
1st Gear

Well I've been lookin at the wide glide I scrap on my buddy's but I hear the new fat bob handles better but I'm not really sure I like the look or have had had the chance to ride them and I want it to be one of the faster bikes in the club I wanna run with the bikes that hit mid 11s in a 1/4 mi

Last edited by Jwsaul; 01-31-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Jwsaul
1st Gear

Correction fat bob

Quick Reply: New dyna upgrades