Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5/34 Bullet and Daymaker LED

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
ngriffin69
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5/34 Bullet and Daymaker LED

Planning to install Bullet light 68593-06 and Daymaker LED 67700043A, I see a few people have paired these two together with minimal issues, however I did have a couple questions. On Harleys website it states 67700093 LED housing is required, I have an 08 superglide. Since I'm coupling this with the 5 3/4 bullet housing 68593-06, can anyone answer that's done this. Also any links with how toos, and successful installations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Romark
Road Master

I just installed this light into my HD Bullet housing today. You will need the retaining ring tool. On the bottom of the light, remove the set screw nearest the front of the light. Then unscrew the decorative ring using double sided tape to get a grip on it. This part can be tedious. Once the decorative ring is removed you can then use the retaining ring removal tool to take out the retaining ring. The light then just comes out.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:28 PM
ngriffin69
Stage III

Thanks for replying, So, couple clarification items, any idea where to get this retaining ring removal tool, is it an HD part if so you have the number handy?

When you talk above removing the set screw and such, are you talking about removing the standard light from the HD bullet light, or are you talking about removing the LED light from it's housing? Probably a dumb question but I haven't had my hands on any of these parts yet so I apologize.

I suspect your talking about removing the standard light form the bullet assembly...

After this light is removed, can you go into any details about installing the the LED light in the bullet housing? Will any parts be needed other than the daymaker LED 67700043A and the bullet headlight 68593-06. What about the housing mentioned on harley's website part number 67700093, or does that just apply to using it in the stock assembly?

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

I'm very interested in this mod too. Would like to see what is needed.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Romark
Road Master

What I said earlier is for removing the stock light lense. The LED goes in the same way the stock one does. No other parts needed.

The set screw holds the decorative trim ring. The outside trim ring is threaded and screws into the housing. Remove the set screw and unscrew the trim ring. This part is kinda tricky cause there is nothing to grab on to. I used double sided tape to give my fingers some grip. If the light has been on you bike for a while dirt and grit will make the removal mure difficult but it can be done.

Once the trim ring is removed there is a retaining ring that is snugged down to hold the light in place. The retaining ring has 3 holes equally spaced around it to use the retaining removal tool to unscrew it. The tool came with the bullet light. You should be able to get one of these from the dealer I would think.

Do yourself a favor after you get it all apart and put a little Never seize on the set screw as well as the retaining/trim threads. It will go back together much easier as well as come apart if needed later.

The LED light just fits where the stock lense was. Make sure it is straight and you should be good.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Schwanz583
Cruiser

When I put the daymaker in my last dyna, it went right into my stock bucket no problem. No fitting or mods needed, just plug and play.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
ngriffin69
Stage III

Awesome. thanks so much for replying. I haven't ordered the bullet light, so i should have the part and should be free of bugs and rust, so I should be all set with the LED, the bullet purchase with tall mount bracket, and no need for the additional LED bucket. Thanks again! Can't wait to get my damn tins back and put this thing back together!

Originally Posted by Romark
What I said earlier is for removing the stock light lense. The LED goes in the same way the stock one does. No other parts needed.

The set screw holds the decorative trim ring. The outside trim ring is threaded and screws into the housing. Remove the set screw and unscrew the trim ring. This part is kinda tricky cause there is nothing to grab on to. I used double sided tape to give my fingers some grip. If the light has been on you bike for a while dirt and grit will make the removal mure difficult but it can be done.

Once the trim ring is removed there is a retaining ring that is snugged down to hold the light in place. The retaining ring has 3 holes equally spaced around it to use the retaining removal tool to unscrew it. The tool came with the bullet light. You should be able to get one of these from the dealer I would think.

Do yourself a favor after you get it all apart and put a little Never seize on the set screw as well as the retaining/trim threads. It will go back together much easier as well as come apart if needed later.

The LED light just fits where the stock lense was. Make sure it is straight and you should be good.