Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To The Rifle Fairing Guys...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default To The Rifle Fairing Guys...

Mine came in the mail today, tried to do a quick mock up ( I understood it all mounted right up) but of course, the hardware isn't too great. Instructions say to go through the top pinch bolts, the hardware doesn't fit. The instructions also mention fork clamps with the kit, none to be found. I called Rifle and some woman at the front desk gave me grief and made me feel like a dumbass. She told me I don't need fork clamps and it goes through the top pinch bolts. She said to go try again and call back if I need to talk to one of "the guys"....cool.

Lucky for her, I had some extra quick detach clamps laying around, I went through some of the other Rifle threads and see that's how most are running the top rods.

My question is: What are you doing about the bottom? Did you guys drill into the fairing on both sides to mount to the forks, or just one hole in the counter for the headlight mount?

I thought this was supposed to be the better fairing, but I didn't realize I had to spend $400 to drill in to the thing and have hardware that doesn't fit...

Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 PM
QC-RAIDERS-91
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and then people complain about conelys..... Not here to defend anyone but seems like every fairing company out there make the same (got to do a lot on yourself) mistakes.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The struts attach to the top pinch bolts...I had to grind some of the mounting tab to fit the contour of the triple clamp.

The bottom just needs a hole for the single mounting tab...you drill the hole where you need it after fitting it around your headlight.

No clamps are used in the 2006 and up kit but is used in the older models with 39mm forks.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mascman
The struts attach to the top pinch bolts...I had to grind some of the mounting tab to fit the contour of the triple clamp.

The bottom just needs a hole for the single mounting tab...you drill the hole where you need it after fitting it around your headlight.

No clamps are used in the 2006 and up kit but is used in the older models with 39mm forks.

Yeah I thought they needed some grinding down but didn't want to start "modding" all the hardware before getting it settled. Just annoyed I got all my Ness stuff off in 10 mins and this is going to be custom fabbing of parts all over again....

Old 02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

What kit did you order??

Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Psi23
What kit did you order??

The Rifle Roadster with the wide glide kit for 49mm forks

Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 PM
oldlefty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the same set up from them a month ago. haven't started to instal yet cuz my front end is off the bike. the mount hardware seemed a bit lame and from reading other posts, it will be a challenge.
i am interested to see what you do with yours man. i may try to use my HD quick release for mine.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:00 PM
fxdc rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i used some extra kurry clamps up top and had to drill a hole in the bottom to mount on the bracket provided. i agree %100 that for the $400 bucks it cost, the quality of it is crap. the mounting system sucks and the fairing is verry flimsy, only time will tell if the rife fairing lasts through the summer without cracking cuz its so flimsy. could have been $400 closer to my road glide fairing conversion.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 AM
clayman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine a few weeks ago and i agree the mounting clamps suck. I talked to someone at rifle and soon found out that they didnt have a clue what they were talking about. Based on what i got in my kit i thought i was shipped the wrong one. But i bought a set of turn signal relocators and now it mounts up well. Im happy with the fairing and think it looks great on my bike, hopefully get out tomorrow on it and see how it performs. I bought it based on other riders reviews on here, seems all were very happy with the quality of the fairing but most do say the mounting kit that comes with it sucks.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Vonswanko
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

I used the same type clamps that were with my Ness fairing. 2 little spacers and good to go.

Had to make my own center headlight tab, but no biggie.

Quick Reply: To The Rifle Fairing Guys...