Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super tuner pro vs street perf. Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Super tuner pro vs street perf. Tuner

What is the difference between the super tuner pro and the street performance tuner...thanks

Old 02-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Jacoblb
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pro lets you go in and adjust settings, the street pretty much only lets you download a prewritten map. Prob is most if not all hd prewritten maps run lean to be epa compliant.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Isn't the Super Tuner Pro able to work on any HD? I mean, with the PV once you hook it up to that bike it is tied to that specific bike and cannot work with any other HD. I thought the Super Tuner Pro did not do this.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:10 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Robotech
Isn't the Super Tuner Pro able to work on any HD? I mean, with the PV once you hook it up to that bike it is tied to that specific bike and cannot work with any other HD. I thought the Super Tuner Pro did not do this.
Thats a great point. Thought i heard that too. Any other feedback on this

Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacoblb
The pro lets you go in and adjust settings, the street pretty much only lets you download a prewritten map. Prob is most if not all hd prewritten maps run lean to be epa compliant.
The SESPT does allow tuning outside of the map. Although the website doesn't say it, the paper catalogue continues the description to say "limited tuning outside of street legal settings."

I spent an afternoon with the tech at the local dealer tuning well outside of the street legal settings provided in the standard maps. It's actually quite versitile. It is "married" to the bike, but it also costs roughly half of the SERT.

If I had to do it over, I would go with the SERT because of the full adjustability of timing, tuning constants, AFR, O2 Bias, and cranking fuel tables.

In all honestly, the differences are at best a few HP and ft/lbs of torque in terms of speed performance. But the SERT can make a noticeable difference in heat control and decelleration popping because of the fine tunning capability.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Jacoblb
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robotech
Well he was asking for differences. I'm pretty sure both are married to the bike. And the street tuner does allow for adjustments. Just more limited