Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Splurged on a PV

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Splurged on a PV

Decided to go ahead and splurge on a Power Vision while I had the extra cash. I was previously running a Dobeck TFI. The main reason for the PV is I like the fact that you can just flash the ECM and take it off.

I ordered from Fuel Moto, their rebate for trading the old tuner in was too tempting to pass up. My first time dealing with Fuel Moto and their customer service was just as good as I have previously read in other posts. They did forget to throw in my free t-shirt, but promptly sent me out one when I notified them.

My bike has a little more decel pop to it then with the Dobeck, but runs perfect. I dont know if my mind is playing tricks on me or not, but throttle response seems better, and when I get on it, it seems like it is pulling a little harder.

I am interested to see what my MPG is going to be, with the Dobeck, I was getting about 32-35 mpg (city). I am hoping for better mpg's with the PV.

I know there is a lot you can do with the PV, and I am no where near ready to start tinkering around with it. Future plans include the 107 kit from Fuel Moto and its going to be awesome to only have to re-flash the ECM when I get around to those mods.

For anyone considering the PV, especially someone like me who is a worry wart about a piggy back failing, and who does not want to go to a dyno tuner for every mod, I think its a good deal.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Basically have the same setup as you. You're going to love the PV.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 AM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the Powervision eliminate the o2 sensors? No auto tune?

Old 02-10-2013, 07:14 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

Originally Posted by WIDERGLIDER
Does the Powervision eliminate the o2 sensors? No auto tune?
You have to use your O2 sensors with the PV.

There is a auto tune option (extra $$$), and I believe you get wideband O2 sensors with that setup.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:19 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

Originally Posted by Robotech
Basically have the same setup as you. You're going to love the PV.
Just noticed your location, i am heading out to San Diego in July, will be stationed there the next couple of years. Riding the bike cross country!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
You have to use your O2 sensors with the PV.

There is a auto tune option (extra $$$), and I believe you get wideband O2 sensors with that setup.
You can auto tune with the set up you have. It uses the stock sensors. I made a couple of runs (SUPER SIMPLE) and it made a huge difference. It also all but eliminated my decel pop. That is no easy feat with Big Radius...

Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Kevinmach1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auto-tune feature, simple and nothing else needed....watch the video. Your welcome....lol.

http://blogs.dynojet.com/index.php/2...ideo-tutorial/

Last edited by Kevinmach1; 02-10-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 AM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So I guessing for those of us that do not have dynos in our garages, you would just ride the bike around on the street for a while while it's in the auto tune mode? I've been looking at all the different tuners for a while trying to decide what I'm going to do. A local shop quoted me 675 bucks for a powercommader v installed with a custom dyno tune done by them.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

That is awesome stuff! I new it did some sort of basic auto tune, but I wasnt planning on diving into that kind of stuff just yet....... Thanks for changing my mind! It does seem really simple!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:07 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master

So I might be able to find this in the PV thread thats in the tech forum, but I am going to be lazy for now , for you guys that have your PV mounted, how did you route your cable back to the electrical caddy? Did you bring the cable in from the back, or is it possible to go in from the front and still be able to put the cover on?

Quick Reply: Splurged on a PV