Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Vintage Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 07:28 AM
dmpjr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang Vintage Seat

I've had my Mustang seat on about a month now and I have to say...I love it. Much more comfortable than the Badlander seat I had. My OL is happier too, I haven't heard anymore complaints about her sore a$$.

Attached Thumbnails Mustang Vintage Seat-dsc04820-copy.jpg  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM
66Vair
Advanced

Ironically, I put a Mustang Vintage Seat on my '05 WG last week. I haven't put any real miles other than my 12 mile commute but can already tell that certain contact points, that hurt after about 50 miles, aren't being contacted (make sense).

Did you have any problem getting the mounting bolt to line up? I've still got to get it lined up so that it sits flush in back. I'm coming from the stock seat and noticed that this seat pushed my forward and up a little. Had to readjust the mirrors and such.

Hopefully, this weekend will cooperate and I can put some miles on it to really test it. No comfort or quality complaints so far.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I love mine too...especially the backrest. The OL hasn't ridden with me in months, so I've had it solo. Looks goood with the exposed fender.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM
dmpjr
Tourer

Originally Posted by 66Vair
Ironically, I put a Mustang Vintage Seat on my '05 WG last week. I haven't put any real miles other than my 12 mile commute but can already tell that certain contact points, that hurt after about 50 miles, aren't being contacted (make sense).

Did you have any problem getting the mounting bolt to line up? I've still got to get it lined up so that it sits flush in back. I'm coming from the stock seat and noticed that this seat pushed my forward and up a little. Had to readjust the mirrors and such.

Hopefully, this weekend will cooperate and I can put some miles on it to really test it. No comfort or quality complaints so far.
Yes, the alignment of the rear mounting bolt hole was off a bit...Had to force the seat forward a bit to get it all lined up.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM
gerGmaI
Advanced

Originally Posted by 66Vair

My mustang wouldn't line up either. So I spread/bent the tang open a litte more.(the small strip of metal that slides into the mount on the bike)

Just bend it a little at a time until it fits easily.
If you go to far you can just bend it back down a little.

The same procedure worked on my Mustang Solo seat too.

Hope this works for you.

Last edited by gerGmaI; 02-11-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: sp
Old 02-11-2013, 02:01 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats my next purchase! Going with the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo w/ backrest!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Like mine too, but I am putting on the quick disconnect sideplates soon because even with the much better rear seat my wife still does not ride much, so going for the solo look.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
crazy ray
Advanced

we both like ours.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:09 PM
66Vair
Advanced

Originally Posted by gerGmaI
My mustang wouldn't line up either. So I spread/bent the tang open a litte more.(the small strip of metal that slides into the mount on the bike)

Just bend it a little at a time until it fits easily.
If you go to far you can just bend it back down a little.

The same procedure worked on my Mustang Solo seat too.

Hope this works for you.
Comforting, in an odd way, to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. Thanks for idea! This method sounds better than what I was going to do. I was going to take the chrome piece off the back side, put it in a vice and bend it slightly until I got it to fit. Your method isn't going to risk cracking the chrome.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Denny69
Road Captain

I just have the basic Mustang vintage solo. Recovery time after a long run is much quicker. I can ride longer now and don't have to search for the most comfortable position in the saddle. Nothing helps the traps though.

Quick Reply: Mustang Vintage Seat