Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fat Bob issue

Ok. I'm not a smart man. I was taking parts off my 2010 FB to have them powder coated during a few weeks of bad weather. Being a new bike I went at it slowly and without a manual.
Here lies my problem. I took both shocks off while it was on the ground. Now it's too low for me to put a sears jack under and I need advise or ideas on how to put it back together.
Any thoughts appreciated

Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 PM
RJHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a few buddies to lift the thing up while you get the shocks on the mounts.

Then spend the $60 and get a service manual.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:31 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

First thing, which I'm sure you realize now...buy the manuel, it will save you thousands of dollars.

Can you get a car jack under it and have a buddy help? Without a jack you only do one shock at a time...I'm sure you realize that now too.

Ask before you do...so many people to help you here

Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer

Thanks for the advise. I've got the Clymer Manual now. And a couple of friends. Just have to wait for the PC to get my parts back to me and I will be posting pics of things once I get it all together.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ha! My buddy had just his front end up on a scissor jack to drop the forks, well then he decides weeks later that he wants to pull the rear wheel as well.

I had to lift up the front end of his bike while he slid a normal bike jack under it, guess all that gym time deadlifting and squatting paid off lol

Old 02-13-2013, 09:17 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Nbdzhro
Thanks for the advise. I've got the Clymer Manual now. And a couple of friends. Just have to wait for the PC to get my parts back to me and I will be posting pics of things once I get it all together.
Check your inbox.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM
rmeg08
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry guys. A lot of this **** is common sense. First thing I did when I got my bike was get an owners and service manual. I'm not much of a mechanic to be honest, but some of the stuff I hear makes me shake my head. Just saying.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer

Originally Posted by rmeg08
Sorry guys. A lot of this **** is common sense. First thing I did when I got my bike was get an owners and service manual. I'm not much of a mechanic to be honest, but some of the stuff I hear makes me shake my head. Just saying.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I admit I went too fast and too headstrong. Should have slowed down and did more research before I did it. Key point would be that I learned my lesson and don't continue to make stupid mistakes.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
dmpjr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmeg08
I agree...Just nuts and bolts.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't get a visual on how you got that second shock off. With the first shock off, all the weight's on the remaining shock. Then you pull a shock bolt. Did the bike fall/slam down then? Good thing it didn't tip over to the right.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob issue