Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need cheap bags and size recomendation 07 fxdwg

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 AM
The Outlaw
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default need cheap bags and size recomendation 07 fxdwg

just bought my first harley which is an 07 wide glide and i need some bags for it. problem is i dont have any idea where to start or even what size to get. i'd like to be able to fit a 1/2 helmet in one and i'd like the ability to carry a dslr camera with a few lenses or a 8pc travel fly rod sometimes.

im not a brand snob, i want CHEAP ($) functional bags. they dont have to be some big name or be impressive just not look totally stupid lol

Old 02-14-2013, 07:01 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Check out River Road saddlebags. They're cheap.

Measure the distance between your shock and your rear turn signal. I have an '07WG and if I remember it's about 18". So, look for bags that are just less than that width. As far as height, since I've done this before and if memory serves me correct, try to find a bag that is no taller than 12". Depth is up to you as that is the distance away from the bike. Basically unlimited in that measurement unless you want to look goofy. lol

I actually bought a set of bags off this forum that were HD bags, for a superglide. They're a little shorter but they've served me well for ~5yrs now.

The mounting points would be the same as long as the bag is for a Dyna.

http://www.riverroadgear.com/

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 02-14-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 AM
The Outlaw
Tourer

i almost ordered a set of viking bags tonight but when researching if they required signal relocation i also found they wernt predrilled. lol i'd be that guy with the crooked saddlebags. they look sweet and are damn cheap though. was even considering one of the big sissy bar bags that i really have no use for lol

Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by The Outlaw
i almost ordered a set of viking bags tonight but when researching if they required signal relocation i also found they wernt predrilled. lol i'd be that guy with the crooked saddlebags. they look sweet and are damn cheap though. was even considering one of the big sissy bar bags that i really have no use for lol
If you have a WG or FB, then no signal relocation. Any other Dyna model, you will need to move the signals. The other models utilize the rear most bolt to attach the signal to the strut. That's why you need to move them.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:04 AM
sibur
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the roll bags. Cheap,functional and easy to put on and take off. I use a Nelson Riggs roll bag. It will hold a leather jacket or a change of clothes.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 AM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use both have a harley overnight bag I use most of the time,and a set of tourmaster slant throwover saddlebags I use if i need extra room.no turn signal move just put them on the rack under the overnight bag easy on easy off no mounts.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:42 AM
The Outlaw
Tourer

these are the bags i was considering. i can get them and the quick detatch hardware for $360 shipped before his 10% forum discount. i just wish they were pre drilled

http://www.vikingbags.com/Dyna-Wide-...-8190-prd1.htm

http://www.vikingbags.com/Motorcycle...-1668-prd1.htm

Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
todd128
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i just put these on my 2013 wideglide, they are throw over and i didn't have to move the turn signals
http://www.vikingbags.com/Viking-Cru...-8593-prd1.htm

Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

yes, we dont have predrilled but i have installed a few and the non predrilled is actually better then when installing as you have more room to set up properly. You get to put the bags on how you want the to sit. Really good with sissy bars and after market seats as the may complicate a stardard fit. If you want give me a call and I will explain the process. I think after you install them you will be happy, plus i have plugs to fill any holes if you mess up

Names Bobby, call me @ 888-208-1949

Old 02-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Rhino200099
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i orderd a set of viking bags just yesterday i can post pics when i get em in. hopefullly by the end of the week. you cant beat 126 shipped with mounting hardware. and you get a discount just put HDFgift.

Quick Reply: need cheap bags and size recomendation 07 fxdwg