Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Wide Tripper vs Vintage Tour

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 03:30 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mustang Wide Tripper vs Vintage Tour

Looking at a new seat for my SB. My old bike had the Vintage Tour with the backrest. For this one I am considering the Wide Tripper with the backrest. Has anybody tried the new Wide Tripper with the backrest? Any comparison would be nice.

Thanks.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have no experience with either, but plan on getting the mustang wide vintage w/ backrest. I have been looking at reviews for months, and it keeps coming back to everyone liking the wide vintage. I am splurging on the backrest cause i got a cross country road trip ahead of me.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

i have the vintage wide with backrest. really comfy. i have never had a bad thing to report on it. I will be getting the slim vintage passenger to clean up the lines a little. if i dont like the looks of the backrest that day. I just take it off and put it in the saddlebag.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the mustang wide tripper solo.. love it .. no experience with back rest but rode 4000 miles last summer on this seat and it was great . rode all day no issues at all.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM
09FatbobSmith
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

started with the tripper solo (didnt make the wide yet when i bought it)thought it was going to be wider and really liked the look. have put on a 500 mi trip with no prob then rode the 500 mi home the next day, didnt get sore but felt it needed a little more padding and definitely needed to be wider . have the tripper wide with backrest on now and really like it, havent ridden more than 200 mi in a day yet, but the extra width was nice. was also told the passenger pillion was 100 time better than the regular tripper. only bought the wide last august and had sprained my back, the reason i ordered it with the backrest. im not planning on taking the backrest off unless its for looks or have a passenger

Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 PM
09FatbobSmith
5th Gear

tripper wide

Last edited by 09FatbobSmith; 02-15-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 09FatbobSmith
This an all day/all week seat for you? I like to do 1000 to 2000 mile trips over the summer for a week or 2. I have used the mustang vintage, worked fantastic but its so big and bulky, if i can get the same comfort from the wide tripper, i would give it a try (with the backrest).

Thanks for the pics!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
I have no experience with either, but plan on getting the mustang wide vintage w/ backrest. I have been looking at reviews for months, and it keeps coming back to everyone liking the wide vintage. I am splurging on the backrest cause i got a cross country road trip ahead of me.
It is a good seat, i had one and sold it with the old bike. Wish i would have kept it..

Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 PM
09FatbobSmith
5th Gear

Originally Posted by VirtualNorm
This an all day/all week seat for you? I like to do 1000 to 2000 mile trips over the summer for a week or 2. I have used the mustang vintage, worked fantastic but its so big and bulky, if i can get the same comfort from the wide tripper, i would give it a try (with the backrest).

Thanks for the pics!

i have no real problem with it,one of my buddies have a hd touring seat(no backrest)on a softail and i was surprised when he started complaining about getting sore. another has a mustang touring with a backrest on a road glide and he loves it. i do get tired of sitting, dont know if it from the seat or if its just just me. we usually go 150-175 miles between stops and usually only stop long enough to gas, grab a drink to stay hydrated and use the restroom and we are off again.
i havent rode on a touring seat so i cant compare with one

Old 02-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Just put one on today. I got a GREAT deal from an online company. 487.00 shipped for seat, backrest and passenger pad. Got it quick too...This is a good seat. I had one on my Road king as well but sold it before I got to really break it in. I'm not sure where they get the wide part from though. It's a pretty small seat. I rode about 200 miles today and it was great. I wish it were a little longer back to front but that is more of a Dyna thing than a seat thing...

Quick Reply: Mustang Wide Tripper vs Vintage Tour