Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Tribar Tail light

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:30 PM
BlackhawkDriver
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fat Bob Tribar Tail light

Hey guys anybody know if the tribar LED taillight has been discontinued for the Fat Bob. I've been looking everywhere for one and they all say out of stock. Any ideas for a different one if they are done with them. I gotta get rid of this light. Thanks

Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I just installed mine yesterday, bought it from Surdyke.com about a month ago. It sure looks good but now I think I need the smoked lenses for the rear, so they will match.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Thought you might want another pic!

Last edited by HD Pilot; 02-17-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Took sig pic out
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is one hanging on the wall in stock at Las Vegas Harley, saw it yesterday and thought if I had the bucks that would be cool but nahhh lol. It was marked same price as Harley's MoCo online listing so would cost ya $40 more but they do have one unless someone nabbed it between yesterday and today. I'm assuming you have an APO address which they will ship to as far as I have read Hooah

Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are in the 2013 P&A Catalog, so I doubt the disco'ed them
Here is another option, the Cycle Visions Eliminator

Old 02-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm waiting on mine to arrive at my local dealer. They even matched the discount of the online shops. Hope to add some pics up this weekend of everything together.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:14 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

I love the way it looks on the fat bob but be forewarned the thing is a real piece of ****. The two tabs that support the entire taillight and license plate are PLASTIC. Tighten them right..sooner or later you hit a hard enough bump and they crack. Over tighten and well...

I highly recommend that you reinforce the tabs by coating some jb weld over them, then use a metal washer for added support. I've done this and it's been rock solid ever since.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:23 PM
apx07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
I just installed mine yesterday, bought it from Surdyke.com about a month ago. It sure looks good but now I think I need the smoked lenses for the rear, so they will match.
Hee Hee. I found the same thing... Change the tail light to smoked and then you have to do the signal lenses too as they look out of place.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by izzyryder
I love the way it looks on the fat bob but be forewarned the thing is a real piece of ****. The two tabs that support the entire taillight and license plate are PLASTIC. Tighten them right..sooner or later you hit a hard enough bump and they crack. Over tighten and well...

I highly recommend that you reinforce the tabs by coating some jb weld over them, then use a metal washer for added support. I've done this and it's been rock solid ever since.
Hey izzyryder, sounds like good advice, I will plan on doing this. I have read about the problems before and not too surprised, for one thing those two holes did not line up too well to begin with, so there is already some stress to start with.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member

OK, now I am confused, I looked at my Tri-bar, there are two screws that secure the tail light to the tail light bracket, and there are four tabs on the tail light bracket that use nuts to secure it to the rear fender. The two holes that secure the license plate are part of the tail light bracket and not part of the tail light itself. So is the problem with the two screws securing the tail light to the tail light bracket or the four tabs holding the bracket to the fender?

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Tribar Tail light