Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else with BCT baffles (originals) in V&H Short Shots???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Smile Anyone else with BCT baffles (originals) in V&H Short Shots???

I just started my bike up and rode it around the neighborhood for a shake down run after redoing my entire front end (wide glide conversion) and putting it back together yesterday. It was too cold to go anywhere else yesterday and I just had to fire it up and ride it around, I could not wait until next weekend.

While I had the bike apart I installed the BCT baffles (originals) in place of the stock V&H baffles in my Short Shots. I had no issues with the stock baffles and I liked how they sounded too but I just wanted to try the BCTs out and I figure I can just sell them if I don't like them. Obviously, I did not get much riding time with them. Everything sounds good so far but I did notice they do make some cackling sound when letting off the throttle abruptly that the stock baffles did not.

I put them in with the "lollipop washer" towards the rear and used the same mounting hole as stock. My questions are:

1) Does anyone else run the BCTs in the same position?
2) Has anyone turned them around and put the "lollipop" towards the front?
3) Has anyone drilled new holes so the baffle sits 6 inches back, like the directions recommend?

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice regarding this.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:14 AM
butch patrick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bct

I have the monster BCT baffles in my V/H big staggerds. sound like a pro stock dragcar, which is what i wanted. they are installed 6" back from the exit.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by butch patrick
I have the monster BCT baffles in my V/H big staggerds. sound like a pro stock dragcar, which is what i wanted. they are installed 6" back from the exit.
Thanks for the reply. So I take it that you drilled new holes to mount it 6" back? Did you try the stock position or flip it around?

Nobody else with BCT baffles and short shots?

Old 02-18-2013, 07:03 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the BCT baffles in my Short shot, everyone said it is quieter. I do like the stock baffle hollow sound lol, the BCT sounds more bassy. As far as power and back pressure go, minimum difference.

To answer your questions.
1) Does anyone else run the BCTs in the same position?
No, you have to measure it and drill another hole.

2) Has anyone turned them around and put the "lollipop" towards the front?
I put my lollipop at the outlet normal position.

3) Has anyone drilled new holes so the baffle sits 6 inches back, like the directions recommend?
As far as I remember, you can only fit the BCT baffles in 5.5 inches, you cannot push it in further due to the pipe reduction. Yes, you have to drill a hole.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:07 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have them in my BSS also. I mounted them in the original holes and have it facing outward. It was hard for me to really tell a difference, but others say my exhaust is louder now. It does sound mean as hell when I rev it.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:54 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior

Thanks for the replies. I am planning on drilling new holes and moving mine back mainly because the lollipops can be seen at the end of the pipes from the rear, in the stock position, and I don't like the look.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

No, you are not going to see the lollipops, see my pictures.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior

Did you just run yours back up until the pipe reduction? Also, were you able to drill the holes with the pipes still mounted (with shields removed of course)?

Also, I think yours are quieter than the version I have because mine do not have that cone screen on the end. The only obstruction on mine is the lollipop washer.

Thanks.

Last edited by jmeiers; 02-19-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them in mine and like 128 said I put them as far back as I could. I think it was a little less than the 6" recommended.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

I did mine when I installed the cams with the pipes removed, I am sure you can drill it on the bike but think about it, it takes another 10 mins to remove them, much easier.
I didn't know that they have a version without cones, if that's the case, it is just a reduction pipe and lollipops.

Originally Posted by jmeiers
Did you just run yours back up until the pipe reduction? Also, were you able to drill the holes with the pipes still mounted (with shields removed of course)?

Also, I think yours are quieter than the version I have because mine do not have that cone screen on the end. The only obstruction on mine is the lollipop washer.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Anyone else with BCT baffles (originals) in V&H Short Shots???