Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor Intimidators, Racetech springs and Amsoil upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:28 AM
buellrider76
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ricor Intimidators, Racetech springs and Amsoil upgrade

After having a local shop install the Ricor Inimidators, Racetech dual rate springs for the V-rod and Amsiol Shock Therapy #10, I finished putting the forks back on my Streetbob Sunday and took it out for a ride to test the new setup. First thing I noticed is that I "felt" the road more. I know that's a little vague, but it's hard to explain. It had me a little worried hoping I didn't blow all this money for nothing. I went on down the road purposely aiming for the dips and potholes. I couldn't feel them but I wasn't sure how much different it was making so I decided to take it over the worst place I know of, rail road tracks! There is a set close to the house that has literally almost launched me over the handbars on more than one occasion. I approached them cautiously but a little faster than normal. I braced for the impact but it didn't come! Amazing! I went down the raod, turned around and hit them again hauling *** this time. The front end absorbed all the impact without any problem! The slam that is typical with a nasty bump is totally gone.

So... what I think of this setup:
This setup is 100 times better than the stock setup. The harder the impact the better it is absorbed. The feedback from the road that I felt isn't much different than the feel from riding a sportbike. I didn't get a chance to take it too far so I haven't had a chance to see if it makes a major difference in handling, but just the change it's made in straight suspension is worth the money IMHO.

I will post more as I get a few more miles on it.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Which springs did you get? Rate? Progressive? There's a great thread about this.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Racetech only makes progressive springs for a 49mm dyna

Old 02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm not familiar enough with Street Bobs to know what size forks they have. Thanks for the clarification. I've got 39s, so my options are more vast, I believe.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:48 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Do you mind if I ask how much they charged for the labor to upgrade your front end? I thought I could wait awhile on the intiminators, but after my ride today I am feeling different. I think I could do it myself, but for a reasonable price I could let somebody else.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:56 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Alan...bring it over...it will cost you lunch

Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

^ awesome ^

Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
Do you mind if I ask how much they charged for the labor to upgrade your front end? I thought I could wait awhile on the intiminators, but after my ride today I am feeling different. I think I could do it myself, but for a reasonable price I could let somebody else.
It is easy to do and doesn't take that long. I did my RKC a couple of months ago and it rides great now.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:09 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Awesome rooti, I was looking for an excuse to head south towards Austin! My son lives in Austin so I could combine a visit and get my forks upgraded. I just called Ricor, but I think they just closed, so I will call tomorrow. I hit a rough patch today during an Autotune and it was pathetic, moved the priority of the intiminators to the top of my list.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:29 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
Awesome rooti, I was looking for an excuse to head south towards Austin! My son lives in Austin so I could combine a visit and get my forks upgraded. I just called Ricor, but I think they just closed, so I will call tomorrow. I hit a rough patch today during an Autotune and it was pathetic, moved the priority of the intiminators to the top of my list.
You'll want to get your Intiminators from fabrik8er as he alters the shim stack to make them work much better. Some Race Tech springs for your weight and Amsoil 5w Shock Therapy fork oil.

Quick Reply: Ricor Intimidators, Racetech springs and Amsoil upgrade