Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Disc Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 PM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Dual Disc Info Needed

Alright so its time to get going on the next mod, I have been browsing the past few days on adding dual discs to my 2012 Bob. I have seen the hot bike article and what most other members have done but I have a few questions for you experts.

I will be running the stock 2012 Bob spokes for now if I do this mod...

FDXF lowers...
Does the left hand lower match up correctly to the stock street bob caliper/rotor or does it need to be spaced?

Also I have read the right rotor will also need to be spaced (assuming I use a stock FatBob Caliper).. does anyone know distance or if it doesn't need it with the stock rims?

Reason being I have the ability right now to pick up a FXDF front end.

anyways thanks in advance any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:33 AM
McGinnes_john
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what I did-

Step 1-Get the FXDF Lowers, Right Side Disc & Caliper, DD Brake Line, and 11/16 Master Cylinder.

Step B-Replace just the right side lower slider with the FXDF and bolt everything to it.

For my bike I had to put washers between the fork slider and caliper to space them correctly, but I wasn't using the stock wheels (which have thinner hubs).

From what I've read-the left side FXDF leg won't bolt up quite right and you would have to machine the caliper. But I didn't try.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by McGinnes_john
Here's what I did-

Step 1-Get the FXDF Lowers, Right Side Disc & Caliper, DD Brake Line, and 11/16 Master Cylinder.

Step B-Replace just the right side lower slider with the FXDF and bolt everything to it.

For my bike I had to put washers between the fork slider and caliper to space them correctly, but I wasn't using the stock wheels (which have thinner hubs).

From what I've read-the left side FXDF leg won't bolt up quite right and you would have to machine the caliper. But I didn't try.
Cool yeah I love your bike man, I want to know if anyone has tried the left leg I am able to get the whole set up different springs in the bike than what I run, so I'm trying to do it all without redoing my lowers again. Mcginess did you use late model sporty rims to put mags on your 07?

Thanks!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:32 PM
McGinnes_john
Tourer

Thanks! Mine are 05 fxdx wheels.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 PM
adam_hffh
Advanced

if i were you i would call howard at motorcyclemetal(.com). he'll tell you point by point exactly what you need. im looking at the same thing as u for my 2012 fxdb and he told me to get the vrod lowers and he has a system where you can put brembo brakes on your bike (best brakes out there even better than performance machine). and he has a bunch of other cool suspension setup stuff if your interested in that as well. but you should definately call him