Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick Saddles Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Sick Saddles Questions

I went for another tour of rural Georgia today. Not much was picture worthy unless you like trailer houses and farmland....oh, yeah, a shitload of trees.

I took a few smoke breaks and snapped a few shots anyway. I don't know why the bike looks red in every photo. It is clearly orange in person. Strange.

Anyway, I noticed the bolts that hold my spring seat to the frame were elongating the holes. It's not bad, but I thought I would take it off until I can make some bushings for the holes. In the mean time, I'm running the stock saddle. Well, it kinda sucks. I like the low-n-the-saddle feel, but the seat isn't comfortable.

I made up my mind to buy a Sick Saddle with stitched flames. I have a few questions.

Leather or vinyl? If leather, the whol thing or just the top?

Is the gel foam or memory foam worth the extra coin? Which is better (from experience.)

Thanks a lot!!

Attached Thumbnails Sick Saddles Questions-take-5.jpg   Sick Saddles Questions-caboose.jpg  
Old 02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

I wouldn't advise gel. Gets way too hot in the sun unless covered all the time. And it didn't add any comfort in my opinion.

Last edited by ! rock103 !; 02-21-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
I wouldn't advise gel. Gets way too hot in the sun unless covered all the time. And it didn't add any comfort in my opinion.
Thanks. Did you get leather or vinyl?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Ruziska
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be in the hunt for another seat myself. I just bought one from Danny Gray because I was told it would move me back a little and after two emails to them asking if there was a way to modify a sitting position, they haven't even responded. Be careful spending money there. Sick saddles was another consideration for a solo seat, any chance it will sit me back from stock.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SLV
Thanks. Did you get leather or vinyl?
I had a vinyl seat. Leather seemed like too much upkeep for a dry climate I live in. And
I would think the leather care products would make the seat too slippery.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Ive never had a sick saddle seat, but from what ive read they are terrific seats and can/do move the rider down and back a bit. I plan on placing an order for one at some point. Im not in too much rush, as i find the stock seat on my new wideglide more comfortable that the custom gel seat i had on my old bike.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 PM
little squirt
Tourer

I ordered a black alligator embossed vinyl solo with passenger pillion, already shipped and should make land fall in Hawaii end of next week.

Ed was very helpful and easy to contact. Thats what made up my mind of the run of the mill Barebones saddle. Just a plain seat and he assured me it was better, enough info for me!! Can't wait!! I'll let you know how it is!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Yeah. I'm already sold because he's a homegrown small business. His product gets high marks. I'm just trying to decide the features I want.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Sgt7212
Cruiser

Originally Posted by little squirt
I ordered a black alligator embossed vinyl solo with passenger pillion, already shipped and should make land fall in Hawaii end of next week.

Ed was very helpful and easy to contact. Thats what made up my mind of the run of the mill Barebones saddle. Just a plain seat and he assured me it was better, enough info for me!! Can't wait!! I'll let you know how it is!
When did you place your order? Just curious because I ordered mine around Jan 25th.

Ed is a one man show and his seats have been becoming more and more popular lately, so lead times can vary depending on his workload. While I haven't received mine yet, his seats do get great reviews.

I ordered the solo with passenger pillion combo in leather and skull/ flames in dark red stitching. If I remember correctly, Ed said he only does the tops in leather. I forget the reason he mentioned, but it made sense. I did not get any gel or memory foam, as Ed said I probably wouldn't need it. I'm 5ft7 and around 200lbs. With that being said, everyone's rear ends are different. I also asked him to make the passenger pillion a little bit wider, for passenger comfort. From what he told me, I think his seats will put you a little lower and further back than stock. If you talk to Ed, though he will adjust it based on your wants/needs. I told him lower was fine, but I didn't really want to be much further back than stock.

Sorry, I can't give you first hand experience yet with the seat, but hopefully the info I was able to provide is at least slightly helpful.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Ordered the seat. Solo, standard foam, orange stitch flame.

Ed seems like a nice guy. He responded quickly to my email questions.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Quick Reply: Sick Saddles Questions