Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leatherup.com customer service?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM
orange52
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Leatherup.com customer service?

I ordered a helmet recently from Leatherup.com. When I got home from work today, the box was on my door step with huge gash in it. The helmet was fine, but it didn't fit. So I figured I'd just exchange it for something else. The item I was interested in showed only 5 left in stock. I called to see if it was something they could hold for me until I can send the helmet back (We're about to get pounded with a winter storm here in Iowa). I must have interrupted the customer service woman's break or something, it was clear she didn't want to talk to me, or I assume anyone else. After getting a non answer, I decided just to send it back for a refund. I do believe I've placed my last order with Leatherup.com

This is my first negative experience with Leatherup. Has anyone else here had a bad experience with these guys?

Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Nbdzhro
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I recently bought a Helmet and a Jacket from them. Had to return both because they were too small. Just filled out the paperwork and sent the items back.
Was a little easier though because I went through amazon instead of them directly.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

I do side w/you on the poor telecom customer service, but you can't expect any business to place a product "hold" for you. Even though some people are honest & would get the return items sent back...more dishonest customers tip the scale. That's just the "law of the land" in today's e-business society...sorry.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Danielc409
Tourer

I have had no problems with leatherup, very cheap prices and fast shipping .. of course I haven't had to deal with customer service. I wouldn't let one person ruin your shopping, everywhere seems to have that one person.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:07 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by orange52
I ordered a helmet recently from Leatherup.com. When I got home from work today, the box was on my door step with huge gash in it. The helmet was fine, but it didn't fit. So I figured I'd just exchange it for something else. The item I was interested in showed only 5 left in stock. I called to see if it was something they could hold for me until I can send the helmet back (We're about to get pounded with a winter storm here in Iowa). I must have interrupted the customer service woman's break or something, it was clear she didn't want to talk to me, or I assume anyone else. After getting a non answer, I decided just to send it back for a refund. I do believe I've placed my last order with Leatherup.com

This is my first negative experience with Leatherup. Has anyone else here had a bad experience with these guys?
I'm sorry that you were inconvenienced by bad weather.
This is how I took what you said.
When server bad weather is coming in, preparations must be imposed for safety and health. Being able to make it home safely and perhaps food products were needed. I am certain the person you talked to were excited and possibility some fear caused them to panic some.
I do understand how it made you feel. I have been on both ends of something like this. So I understand each of your views.
Damaged to the box is not their fault. They will credit/refund you if you chose to do so. Exchange is fist come basis but you know that. That is why you called.
I have done business with them several times and found them to be very professional. some things just plain happen.
sorry for the long post
Oh, I am not affiliated with them in any way.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Danielc409
Tourer

^ Good call about the box, I forgot to mention that. The delivery service usually cares less what it is and will get mangled in the shipping process.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:32 PM
phatman218
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought several items from them (Leather jacket,gloves,chaps) and I have had to send back the Jacket (sizing was off)...twice. Both times CS was really good, and you may have caught a disgruntled employee on her break... All in all, I will buy from them again (cant beat the prices and quality). But E-business, is tricky and not everyone gives a KCUF, which is sad..... hope it works out for ya....