Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 FLD Switchback V INNER code.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:15 AM
cursedspirit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 FLD Switchback V INNER code.

Well thought we had it fixed when they made sure all my grounds we good and went through my electrical system. So I just started the bike up after sitting in the garadge for about 5 day temp in the garadge around 40-50 degrees. V INERR and the bike stuggles to start and then fires. When i get this error it also causes my reserve to show LO RNG instead of how many miles I have left until I need to fill up. Anyone had this or have any ideas for me? Once the weather clears up and it stops raining looks like I will be headed back to the dealer.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM
kydav
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try turning your ign on and off (without starting) 6 or 7 times. This cleared the error on my 2009 FXD with the new speedo/tach. I read, somewhere, that the ecm is sensitive to low voltages and it is possible this happened and it just did not recognize the your speedo. I can see this happening in cold weather and hard lengthy cranking. I did not throw any errors, like you get when the engine check light come on.

Rick

Old 03-27-2013, 04:54 PM
mitchkeller87
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having the same problem with my bike right now. I put 2 gallons of fresh gas and a fully charged battery and it does this. I didnt do anything to the bike over the winter so this is happening after 5 months of sitting and it ran just fine before it went into storage.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:37 AM
kyfbtechno
Stage III

I am having the same problem also. I thought that my battery might be bad so I took it and had it tested. I told the tech about the V INNER code and he told me that had to do with the security system.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:43 AM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2012 Fxdb always did the v inner code since the first say I had it, only when doing hot starts. After I had a 103 cams and compression releases installed, it no longer brought up the v inner code.
A few weeks ago my bike started running really bad and just dieing when ideling or cruising, the v inner code came back on at every start. The bike is still in the shop under warranty. If you ask ten techs about the code you will likely get ten different ansewers, at least that's what I found in early 2012 when the issue was still new.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon95354
2012 Fxdb always did the v inner code since the first say I had it, only when doing hot starts. After I had a 103 cams and compression releases installed, it no longer brought up the v inner code.
A few weeks ago my bike started running really bad and just dieing when ideling or cruising, the v inner code came back on at every start. The bike is still in the shop under warranty. If you ask ten techs about the code you will likely get ten different ansewers, at least that's what I found in early 2012 when the issue was still new.
Do you have a thundermax or other type ECM tuner? Harley should be able to fix the v inner code has to do with ECM Vin and Miles.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:57 PM
mitchkeller87
Advanced

From what I can tell its a bad battery. I charged the batter full again and the code went away. Hope this helps

Old 03-30-2013, 06:26 PM
perryross
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2012 FLD.

This is the second winter storage, with a battery tender attached.

Bike would not start a couple of weeks ago. Dealer picked up bike,

replaced the battery N/C, that fixed it so far away.

Name:  DSCN6942_zpsf484a60f.jpg
Views: 4203
Size:  66.3 KB

Last edited by perryross; 03-30-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Vera1659
Stage II

I also encountered the v inerr as well as the bike shutting off while driving whenever I would engage the clutch and front brake at the same time. After 10 days in the shop they finally found the problem it's the negative battery cable, the short wire that goes to the back fender as the ground over time will fatigue and break causing a bad ground. At 10K kms I started with the issues and by 16K kms on the bike it totally refused to start one day and was towed into the Harley dealer. They actually had to reach out to Harley international to find out what caused the issue.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:23 PM
TylerBoehm
Cruiser

Very interesting comments about this. I have a 12 super glide and I've encountered it a few times also. Mine only has 6k on it. It came up for me after a day or two of not riding it would take a second or two longer to crank over and fire when I started it. That was all though, only on the first startup of the day. Bike never died or cut out though. I put it on the charger for about 30-40 mins one day and I haven't seen it since. (knocks on wood)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 FLD Switchback V INNER code.