Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about risers on a fat bob...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:08 PM
ohiokayaker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about risers on a fat bob...

I bought a 2008 fat bob and it has risers on it. I'm 5'7" and I'm thinking of getting the handle bars a little closer to me. How are the risers measured?

I have the stock seat on it now and I'm reading on here about the different seats and how some will push me forward an inch. That may be an option.

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Measure from tree to center of handlebars. I installed a some curved on my FB and really like it..I will try to get you a part number...

Here is the HD part no. 56267-09 6" Curved Riser

Here is a pic..

Attached Thumbnails Question about risers on a fat bob...-risers.jpg  

Last edited by Rustyrider; 03-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 PM
ohiokayaker
Novice

Thanks Rustyrider. Forgot to mention it has some risers on it now, will measure them and check out all my options. I'll be getting picts on here of the mods done to the bike once I get this site figured out.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:41 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put 35 degree Flanders drag bars on mine with 6" LA Choppers pullback risers and a C&C solo with riders backrest and now its like a lazy boy with a hot rod motor

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...r-fat-bob.html

There are several factors at work there to make the bike fit you and honestly the best way to find out is get a buddy to straddle the front wheel so he can balance and hold the bike up with you sitting on the bike and then let go of the foot controls and the handlebars. Then try to feel where is most comfortable for you for your feet and your hands and then we can answer the question better. Risers may or may not be a solution that helps you. Like my C&C solo seat with riders backrest sits me a couple inches forward but I also like elbows slightly bent relaxed hand position on the bars so my combo is specifically to put me where I feel is comfortable on my bike which meant bringing the hand controls back and me forward.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:10 AM
ohiokayaker
Novice

Thx Xantasm, I'll definitely do the test for comfort. I've got the forward controls on it and the leg position is good on rides. I bought the bike in Jan. 2013 and have put several hundred miles on it.

The reach for the bars strains my back between the shoulder blades. I'm doing the research for a good 2up seat w/rider backrest.

This forum is great for info.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
gonpce
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 09 fat bob and changed the seat to a reduced reach seat. I'm only 5'6". Really like the seat as far as reaching the forward controls, but does not make a big difference in handlebar reach. I'll probably replace the risers as well.

The following users liked this post:
hdfatbob12 (07-24-2016)
Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Yea,that factory seat is not the best for a drag type stance.Reaching for my bars combined with forwards was killing my inner thigh.It was just all wrong.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:54 PM
ohiokayaker
Novice

Thanks, I like the reach I have to the ground and my forward controls. I think I'll go for one of the seats I've been researching on here to push me forward and inch that comes with a rider backrest. That hopefully will eliminate the lower back and shoulder blade tensions.

If not, I'll still be in the wind!!!