Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 O2 Sensor locations

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:08 PM
bigbadbubba
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2012 O2 Sensor locations

Hi All-

Recently picked up a 2012 Dyna Wideglide and was starting to make it my own. Just got my hands on a D&D Fatcat exhaust for a great price. The only problem is it doesn't have the O2 sensor bungs welded in. I have no problem drilling and welding in the correct bungs (Not worried about welding discoloration plan on having the pipe coated) but I have some questions regarding their locations. On the stock exhaust the rear sensor is approximately 4 inches from the cylinder, the front sensor is approximately 12 inches from the cylinder. I thought from my random readings through the forums that it was better to have the sensors closer to the cylinders. Also thought it was important/beneficial to have both O2 sensors equidistant from the cylinders.

More or less what I'm asking is should I move the front sensor closer to the cylinder (assuming I have enough wire to reach which I think I do)?

How does everybodies aftermarket exhausts have them setup?

I also plan on dumping in a new map and tuning with a Power Vision. Also will have a K&N heavy breather on it.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bubba

Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

On the touring models they have moved them father back. My bassani exhaust has both sizes and the older style are rather close to the flange as where the newer are close to the collector.
Not sure if this will help you
This is all I can help you with

Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

yeah on my Super Glide o2 sensors are farther downstream from head than older models

Old 03-03-2013, 05:04 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Its less critical on the 2012+ models because they use the smaller heated sensors. So you don't have to have them within a couple of inches of the head to keep them within their working temp.

Maintaining the same distance isn't important either - within reason.

Criteria would be to mount the bungs in the headers at least 2" from the exhaust port and not within 3" of any cat. If it is a very open exhaust then it will be best to keep them nearer the head so that air from reversion doesn't affect the reading.

Practically it will be a matter of finding a nice spot at the back of downpipes where they aren't too visible but you can still get access. Angled bungs can help with this, angle the sensors so the leads are towards the head.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:34 PM
bigbadbubba
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome

Foxster thanks for the heads up. I'm going to move them and put them in a easy to reach but hidden location.

Thanks