Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Mods Complete

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Winter Mods Complete

Finally got around to installing the rest of my winter mods and took a few pictures so I thought Id share.

The lastest mod was the FLD Rider floorboard kit. Pretty simple install. Had difficulty getting the rear brake rod out of the master cylinder. The rod actually ended up braking off and I had to buy a new rear brake master cylinder. I cut the mid shifter shaft off when I installed everything.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...g-primary.html

I also added a washer as a spacer between the frame and the exhaust side mouting bracket. I needed a little extra clearance to get around the exhaust. It mounted up fine with the exhaust but any time the bike moved it squeaked.

Before that I added the Basani 2-1 exhaust. Again, a pretty easy and straight forward install. Having the extra set of hands helping out, difinitely made it much easier. Had to contact Bassani, as did other forum members, to have a new rear mounting bracket made.

Also added more bolt on items: saddle bags, taller sissy bar, mustang solo seat and passenger seat, and harley decal on the fairing.

Attached Thumbnails Winter Mods Complete-2010-fxdc-4-.jpg   Winter Mods Complete-2010-fxdc-3-.jpg   Winter Mods Complete-2010-fxdc-2-.jpg   Winter Mods Complete-fld-floorboard-kit.jpg  

Last edited by Rainmakr; 03-24-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:26 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks good, digging the red and chrome...

Old 03-10-2013, 02:57 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice...came out great. Nice work.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:45 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master

Originally Posted by ! rock103 !
Looks good, digging the red and chrome...
Thanks! Those burly slammers look good on your bike!

Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master

Originally Posted by '10FatGlidin'
Very nice...came out great. Nice work.
Thanks! Were you able to install the FLD floorboard kit on your bike? I thought that you had posted some questions about dimensions for the kit.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:48 PM
chainbreaker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride man!

Old 03-10-2013, 03:56 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainmakr
Thanks! Were you able to install the FLD floorboard kit on your bike? I thought that you had posted some questions about dimensions for the kit.
I ordered them from Lake Shore HD. I'm still waiting for them to arrive. I'm getting discouraged because I ordered them 10 days ago and have not received any emails from them since the initial order confirmation. It says it make take 5 to 10 business days, so maybe I'm just being impatient.

BTW, I had asked you about the fitment of them on your bike because I am a big fan of the Bassani that you're running, and would consider buying it if the boards don't fit with my BR 2-1.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master

Originally Posted by '10FatGlidin'
I ordered them from Lake Shore HD. I'm still waiting for them to arrive. I'm getting discouraged because I ordered them 10 days ago and have not received any emails from them since the initial order confirmation. It says it make take 5 to 10 business days, so maybe I'm just being impatient.

BTW, I had asked you about the fitment of them on your bike because I am a big fan of the Bassani that you're running, and would consider buying it if the boards don't fit with my BR 2-1.
Hopefully they will arrive before too much longer. It was definitely one of the best mods Ive done to my bike. I had mid controls before with highway pegs and really didnt changing feet positions back and forth.

I really liked the V&H BR 2-1 and almost purchased it. I used to run the burly slammer shocks and was afraid that I would drag that pipe since it had the low sweep. I did my research and went with the Bassani 2-1 upswept. I think the BR 2-1 may be too low for the mounting bracket for the floorboard kit. May need some modifications to fit. Let us know how the install goes once the kit arrives.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes they do, thanks for the great deal Rainmakr

Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bike looks GREAT!! Is the fairing easily detachable??

Quick Reply: Winter Mods Complete