Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Seat, Tank Lift, a little ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Stock Seat, Tank Lift, a little ride

I put the stock seat on my bike a few weeks ago and I added a DK 2" tank lift. This was my first opportunity to put some real miles on the stock seat.

Opinion? I can't wait for my Sick Saddle. The stocker sucks. My Mother Road Customs spring seat is far more comfortable. I only took off the MRC seat because the bolts were wearing into the frame holes. It needs some minor mods. I'll probably keep it for bike nights and local rides. The stock seat will go way in the back of a shelf once the Sick Saddle arrives.

Anyway, I did about 350 miles today up to and around Parris Island and Edisto Island South Carolina. It was low 50s when I left this morning but around 70 by the time I got back about an hour ago. Overall, a nice day.

Someone told me, if I wanted to find a gas station close by, I needed to politely ask the guy in the strange looking building. I didn't take any chances, so I found one myself about 20 miles down the road.

Attached Thumbnails Stock Seat, Tank Lift, a little ride-2013-03-11-09.44.55-hdr.jpg   Stock Seat, Tank Lift, a little ride-2013-03-11-09.45.08-hdr.jpg   Stock Seat, Tank Lift, a little ride-2013-03-11-12.22.16-hdr.jpg   Stock Seat, Tank Lift, a little ride-2013-03-11-12.54.02-hdr.jpg   Stock Seat, Tank Lift, a little ride-2013-03-11-13.11.30-hdr.jpg  

Old 03-11-2013, 03:48 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

One more shote from the local wildlife preserve. It's chock full of gators.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:48 PM
505HD-Rider
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's an awesome looking bike bro. I really like the look of the apes and the blacked out front end. Looks like you get to ride in some beautiful country too.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:51 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Thank you sir!!

Yes, where we lack in curves, we make up for in scenery.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:00 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Awww South Carolina...remember puttin' around down there back when I was stationed at MCAS Beaufort. How do you like the tank lift? I've been thinking about doin' that. Would have to wait til I relocate sigs and or a new handlebar setup.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Yep. Rode through Beaufort on the way home. It's a good town.

The tank lift is a $40 subtle appearance touch in my opinion. I know it supposedly has some function, but its just for looks IMHP.

It does look good lifted and its really easy to install. My gas light comes on earlier, but that's probably a good thing.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:39 PM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Yep. Rode through Beaufort on the way home. It's a good town.

The tank lift is a $40 subtle appearance touch in my opinion. I know it supposedly has some function, but its just for looks IMHP.

It does look good lifted and its really easy to install. My gas light comes on earlier, but that's probably a good thing.
Looking good as always...I need to stop looking at this site ya'll are gonna make me go broke.

The gas light and miles to empty are the most erratic gauges that I've ever seen. I'll fill up and the miles to empty will say like 180 or 190 but then the low fuel light comes on at like 120 and then I fill up and it only takes 3.5 gallons. I can't figure it out. I'm scared to actually push it and see how far I can actually go.

So looks like I need to get the tank lift now...and then every time you post pics I keep wanting the pro pipe even tho I was originally set on the bassani road rage II.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Right now at full my gauge says 210 and light comes on at 34 consistanly. Still getting used to this as I am coming from a bike with mechanical reservce petcock...This may be a dumb question, but is it automatically switching to reserve when the fuel light comes on? Sorry in advance for jacking the thread.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tfalcon
Looking good as always...I need to stop looking at this site ya'll are gonna make me go broke.

The gas light and miles to empty are the most erratic gauges that I've ever seen. I'll fill up and the miles to empty will say like 180 or 190 but then the low fuel light comes on at like 120 and then I fill up and it only takes 3.5 gallons. I can't figure it out. I'm scared to actually push it and see how far I can actually go.

So looks like I need to get the tank lift now...and then every time you post pics I keep wanting the pro pipe even tho I was originally set on the bassani road rage II.
Heres some helpful advice perhaps... I have a 3'' lift on mine, and when my gas light has come on AND switches LO RNG on the display, I have just over a gallon of usable gas left. I wanted to test it and find out for sure. I've done it twice now and checked. So with my research, take that into consideration when trying to figure out how much farther you got. Good info to have when you need it...

Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM
TwelveHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your bikes sick bro.. I love that color with the black.. Nice choice. I have a couple solos.. A C&C, stock bob, and a lepera bare bones.. For comfort I rock the C&C it is by far the most comfortable, even on long rides.. The lepera is by far the nicest looking, and the bob seat just sits on the shelf.. Lol.

Quick Reply: Stock Seat, Tank Lift, a little ride