Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD&G under seat cover bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts
Default BAD&G under seat cover bags

OK, so I did a search for information before I started a thread on a subject I thought would have been covered. I couldn't find anything, so here it goes.

I'm looking for a little storage space for daily stuff and or small items and believe these fit the bill. I really hate saddle bags, although they do serve a function. I just don't want the bulk for everyday riding. So I have settled on these bags, BUT- I am concerned that they would be combersome with legs down at stop lights and such.

So I would really like to hear from those of you who have these bags. My questions are do they get in the way of the legs with feet on the ground and do they store an ample amount of smaller daily items. Sorry for the long winded thread...

Old 03-12-2013, 07:30 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Subscribed.

I've been looking at these for a few months. I love the battery box bag but the 2013 SB doesn't have the band (and band holes) for the single side version.

I had a canvas bag zip-tied on the battery side. It was noticeable at stop lights but didn't bother me.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:52 PM
blacked out bob
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i got mine and had it for half the season last year. i really like them. i guess it depends on what you consider small daily things, i would have to assume your saying wallet and glasses and such. i fit my glock 9mm 17 in one side and my riding glasses in their case, either shades or clears depending on which i needed, on the way to sturgis. and as far as hitting your legs, its not bad. you get used to it. and im even making it sound worse than it is really. while cruising, no problems at all, and while stopped, i guess it would depend on how long your legs are. im 5'10" and i can feel them on the back of my legs, but its not a nucence. twards the end of the riding season, i didnt even notice them. only thing i really didnt like was the strap that went under the bags to keep them from flopping. very chincy, shitty, weak leather string basically. not impressed by that. otherwise, love them.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice review. I was wondering if it might fight a 9mm, thanks for including this piece of info.

What the best price on the internet for such bags? They would look good on any Dyna IMO.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:14 PM
MudmanMike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are what I run and I like them alot. They fit my Glock 22 .40 cal no problems.

Attached Thumbnails BAD&G under seat cover bags-2013-02-15-15.49.29.jpg  
Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the pic, that helps seeing it on there. Who makes that bag?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. I just don't wanna feel like I'm straddling a purse everytime I come to a stop. I am guessing they checked that out when designing the bags. Thought it wouldn't hurt to get real world experiences though. Thanks again! Hope more will chime in with their experience with these bags.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:15 AM
MudmanMike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigmier
Thanks for the pic, that helps seeing it on there. Who makes that bag?
I had them custom made. There is another on the left side also. They are set up like saddle bags really.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have 2 sets, one black and one brown. They move back slightly when I put my feet down. The black is a thinner, softer leather and moves a little further out of the way than the "hard" brown bags. I can put my feet flat on the ground without them, and my heels are off the ground slightly with them, FWIW.

There's a leather string to tie them together underneath the battery, but I've found I get more clearance when I put my feet down without it (the bags move out of the way more easily).

More pictures here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...and-g-bag.html

I love mine, but they do take a little getting used to.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:55 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i like that brown look with the green, nice job man

Quick Reply: BAD&G under seat cover bags