Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street bob removable passenger back rest

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:09 PM
blacked out bob
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default street bob removable passenger back rest

anybody know of any sissy bars that are quick release that would be strong enought to support a passenger and also put my packs on without wrecking things. the only two that i have found just bolt to the holes in the fender with no support to the frame and when i travel, i want to be able to strap my packs to my sissy bar and hit the road without worry of destroying my fender. anybody got any ideas. i thought about modifying the ones i found to tie into the frame.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 AM
cthagreekgod
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Those holes that go through the fender also go through the rear strut bars which are part of the frame. They will offer enough support for your luggage. From what I have read, the harley and kury one work fine, but you have to move your signal lights for them to fit. The signal light relocation looks goofy IMHO.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:03 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Next time your at a HD shop pick up a catalog. They are free. The catalog has a lot more to offer than what is on line.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Have a look at my sig pic or My Garage to see the mount points. I have the detachable backrest rack. You can see that my signals were slightly modified (not by much) by HD when I bought the bike to accommodate the hardware kit. I have put a big bag on the rack and had a passenger, or put the bag on the seat attached to the backrest to give me something to lean on. Pretty sturdy.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:44 PM
blacked out bob
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i was thinking the kury one mostly because it doesnt look like you have to move the signals. and im not sure if the harley ones would work for me because i have some bad-g bags on it and they strap straight to the fender strut. but if the kury one goes to some under structure, i think that it would be best. looks good too if you ask me. i didnt know that there was a structure under there. Damn, now that means that i may have to give a few fat chicks rides since i know the fender can support them, instead of just givin skinny chicks rides. lol.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Quick detach/turn signal relocation

Do what I did. Get the HD Quick detach sideplates and relocate the turn signals to the license Plate (Kuryakyn 9165 and 4247).

I had the HD rear turn signal relocation kit but couldn't stand it. I sold it to another forum member who wanted it. Hope it works out for him, I just didn't like the look of it. I really like the look of my rear end now (that just sounds weird).

street bob removable passenger back rest-dsc01109-2-.jpg

street bob removable passenger back rest-dsc01110-2-.jpg

Old 03-13-2013, 11:22 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sideplates

Sorry I forgot the look with the sissybar and sideplates.

street bob removable passenger back rest-dsc01121-2-.jpg

street bob removable passenger back rest-dsc01123-2-.jpg

Old 03-14-2013, 06:22 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
Next time your at a HD shop pick up a catalog. They are free. The catalog has a lot more to offer than what is on line.
You could also download the catalog on the web site for free. Check out pages 136-143, it has everything you will need to install detachable docking hardware, side plates to mount the sissy bar to, the sissy bars, passenger back pad and luggage racks that mount to the sissy bar/side plates.